Best band with only one album?

oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Who do you think is the best band out there that has only one album? I'd have to vote for Wolfmother or Cold War Kids. What are your thoughts? Share, my friends.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Best band I can think of with only two albums: The Darkness.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    The La's
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Temple Of The Dog, duh! Or if we are going with only one studio album, I might say Jeff Buckley.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Back Door Slam.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Temple Of The Dog, duh! Or if we are going with only one studio album, I might say Jeff Buckley.

Ooh.. one point to you. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Rites of Spring

and For Want Of might just be the best song ever made.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Rites of Spring

and For Want Of might just be the best song ever made.

You're probably the person most prone to hyperbole I've ever met. :p

• Vietnam is pretty good.
    You're probably the person most prone to hyperbole I've ever met. :p
    with that song I'm serious man :) it's fucking amazing. It's probs in my top 5 of all time
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I would say either Temple of the Dog or Mad Season....
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    with that song I'm serious man :) it's fucking amazing. It's probs in my top 5 of all time

Cool.. and I have to say, thanks for not flaming me for my answer to this thread. :D

• Wolfmother! saw them live and i nearly shat myself
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I would say either Temple of the Dog or Mad Season....
    TotD and Mad Season are two great ones. I was thinking more along the lines of bands still making music together as a band.
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Wolfmother! saw them live and i nearly shat myself
    Yeah, they kick ass live. Check out some new stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS4DO5jMk8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHFcsQLnW-U
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Blind Faith
    Derek and the Dominoes
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Cool.. and I have to say, thanks for not flaming me for my answer to this thread. :D
    When have I ever flamed you? :eek:

ps, The Darkness blow :p

All jokes aside, I loved Permission to Land when it first came out.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    oktacoma wrote:
    I was thinking more along the lines of bands still making music together as a band.
    In that case, I pass as all the bands I like have more than one album out :p

Although, if they are still making music, is it safe to assume that those bands will soon not be eligible for this thread?
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Derek and the Dominoes
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    sex pistols
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    clearly temple of the dog or mad season win this debate.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    The Bogmen- "Life Begins at 40 Million"
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • As far as bands still making music goes, Cold War Kids.

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    Blind Faith
    Derek and the Dominoes

i second both of those. hands down.
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    Audrye Sessions - Braile

Beautiful......I've said this before
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Temple Of The Dog :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Wolf Parade
    The Postal Service
    Battles
    Handsome Furs
    Bon Iver
    MGMT
    Basia Bulat
    Plants and Animals
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Mad Season
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Puscifer :).
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Brain Of E wrote:
    sex pistols

I knew someone would have to mention these idiots. they suck the big one. I'm not saying that every song on Nevermind the Bollocks is terrible because obviously that's not true. but these guys are the most overrated pile of shit I've ever heard. Rock N Roll hall of fame? with one album? I know everyone likes to note how influential they were on bands like the Clash and Ramones......but really.....the musicianship sucks and Johnny Rotton is the lamest frontman in the history of rock. *End Obviously Biased Anti-Sex Pistols Rant*
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    The Postal Service
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......