Wolfmother in Seattle

oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I saw Wolfmother at The Moore in Seattle last night and they kicked ass!! Andrew sounds amazing in concert. I was worried about how his voice would sound live but it sounded just like the CD! He can wail on the guitar too! It was my first time at The Moore and what a cool, intimate theater! Anyone else checking out Wolfmother on this tour?? Good stuff!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Yeah I'm going to the show tonight at the Commodore in Vancouver....really looking forward to it. So how long did they play last night...and did they play the whole album?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Yeah I'm going to the show tonight at the Commodore in Vancouver....really looking forward to it. So how long did they play last night...and did they play the whole album?
    They did play the entire album, and they played for about an hour and a half. They also played a cool cover. I don't want to spoil the surprise but if you want to know what it is, let me know and I'll post it. You also should check out the Silversun Pickups, one of the opening bands. They were pretty fun. Have a blast!
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    What an amazing show! I was truly impressed!!!! The Moore is awesome. The opening bands were just that, openers. But Wolfmother almost brought the house down! Glad I went!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    oktacoma wrote:
    They did play the entire album, and they played for about an hour and a half. They also played a cool cover. I don't want to spoil the surprise but if you want to know what it is, let me know and I'll post it. You also should check out the Silversun Pickups, one of the opening bands. They were pretty fun. Have a blast!

I think I know what the cover is...was it from Zeppelin I? Sounds like the show was amazing I bet the energy level is very high.... Getting very pumped about tonight!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • oktacoma wrote:
    I saw Wolfmother at The Moore in Seattle last night and they kicked ass!! Andrew sounds amazing in concert. I was worried about how his voice would sound live but it sounded just like the CD! He can wail on the guitar too! It was my first time at The Moore and what a cool, intimate theater! Anyone else checking out Wolfmother on this tour?? Good stuff!

saw them rock the gypsy tea room in dallas on wednesday--
    silversun pickups unexpectedly great as well--
    and dead meadow in between played an awesome set also--

rock-
    peace-
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    What can I say......Amazing show!!!!!!!! Other than Pearl Jam they were the best live show I've seen in a long time. The first thing I said when I left was I can't wait to see them again.
    Hawkshore wrote:
    was it from Zeppelin I?
    Indeed, it was! Have a good time tonight!
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Go on what was it ?
    fada wrote:
    Go on what was it ?
    Communication Breakdown
  • Saw them last week in St. Louis - fun show! His voice does sound just as good as it does on the CD.

Silversun Pickups were supposed to play but ended up skipping us because they got a gig on Letterman at the last minute, so that was disappointing. However, I e-mailed them and they actually replied saying they were very sorry, so I thought that was cool of them to respond.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    oktacoma wrote:

I saw Wolfmother back in May in Minneapolis. This was before they really hit it big. Great time. I was front row in a club that held no more than 800 people. It was sweet. I even got a bass pic.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • i saw wolfmother in australia a few months back and it was one of the greatest gigs i have seen for a while. of course they are not up to pearl jams level but it will be interesting to see how the next few albums are. hope fully they are as good as their current album.
  • oktacoma wrote:
    Did they give any PJ shout outs? Andrew is a big fan and got to play with Ed & PJ. He also spent some time with Chris Cornell recently.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Did they give any PJ shout outs? Andrew is a big fan and got to play with Ed & PJ. He also spent some time with Chris Cornell recently.
    Yeah, he said something about Seattle and hometown boys making good...then he dedicated the next song to "Eddie and the Boys", which was Witchcraft.
    it will be interesting to see how the next few albums are. hope fully they are as good as their current album.
    You're right. It will be interesting to see how their next few albums are. I think they have a lot of potential. Especially Andrew. He has a great voice and I think he could do a lot more with it.