Umphrey's McGee

elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
edited May 2006 in Other Music
hey i just went to Chicagp 1 with my buddy who is in this band. just want to give them some props. they are from south bend indiana/chicago. will be singing the anthem before the cubs game sunday and will be on jimmy kimmel thursday night 5/18/06.

help support http://www.umphreysmcgee.com

thanks
"There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
EVACUATION!!
"i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i've heard only good things about this band
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    hey, they're playing the riverview fest in chicago in august right? are you going? one of my fav bands from around here is playing there (ekoostik hookah) and im thinking about going since ill be living there by then...
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I'm pretty excited, they're (Umphrey's) going to be at Bonnaroo, along with the Disco Biscuits :):):)! I can't wait. Both bands are playing a night show, which means, they should be amazing.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I saw them at CBGB'S last month. They were unbelievable. Even got to meet Jake after the show. He took a couple pictures with us. I have a good one of the 3 of us all giving the finger.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Glad to hear someone from their band likes Pearl Jam.

I saw them @ Langerado Festival in March and couldn't really get into 'em that much.

Anybody want to encourage me to try again?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I saw them at CBGB'S last month. They were unbelievable. Even got to meet Jake after the show. He took a couple pictures with us. I have a good one of the 3 of us all giving the finger.

my brother used to give jake guitar lessons.... taught him 'sweeping' technique,
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan