Iron and Wine and Calexico live

bockenheimerbockenheimer Posts: 8
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Has anybody here seen Iron and Wine and Calexico on their current tour??

I was just wondering what the concert format is like, i.e. calexico solo, Iron and wine solo, in the reins songs, etc.

I'm going to the chi show at the congress theater

thanks
So shines a good deed in a weary world.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well, since I'm on my lunch break and nobody responded to my post, I will give a brief review of the show last Sunday. The format was pretty interesting it was as follows

1.Paddy from the Sam's back-up band - solo 15-20 minute set - nice set, nothing special

2. Calexico - 30-40 minute set. Pretty good. It was really the first time I had heard them outside "In the Reins". They're rocking stuff impressed me alot more than their more mellow stuff. They did a great version of a Stevie Nicks song that i didn't know the name of. Anyway, good stuff.

3. Salvador Durand - This is the Mexican guy from "In the Reins". This guy was my personal favorite of the show. He had the whole mariachi look going, long hari, mustache. His set was traditional Spanish/Mexican Acoustic. It was short as well (20 minutes) but it was pretty cool.

4. Red Red Meat - Never heard of them before. There were ok, nothing special I guess. Not too bad, but a couple of their songs they dragged out way too long.

5. Iron and Wine - My first time seeing him/them, my roommates second. The set was pretty good, I was suprised I actually recognized some of the songs (when I listen to them at work they all kind of blend together). He did full-band versions of stuff of almost every song and included some keyboards, pedal steel, xylemphone, lead guitar, percussion. Pretty Good stuff. His voice sounded awesome live and he looks like he puts forth no effort in his singing, which is remarkable for how good his voice sounded. 30-40 minute set.

6. I&W/Calexico - They played 5-6 songs from In the Reins. Once again, pretty Good stuff. Kind of got too Claptony sometimes (2 drummers, back up percussion, 2 keyboards, 3 guitars, etc.) but the songs came across pretty well.

For $25 it was a great concert, almost 3.5 hours of music.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world.......