New FLAMING LIPS

SpreadyCheddarSpreadyCheddar Posts: 17
edited February 2006 in Other Music
glassdanse.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kick ass. Thank you.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Not gonna download, but is it good? Does it still have techno shit in it?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    Not gonna download, but is it good? Does it still have techno shit in it?

I will get back to you once I have given the whole thing a proper listen. I know it is supposed to be a bit of a step back towards the more guitar orientated sound, but who knows.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Whatever was there is gone. :(

I will say that I've heard the nes wingle on the radio here in town, and I thought it was the best thing I've heard since Eleven and Josh Homme's cover of Queen's Stone Cold Crazy :)
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    Whatever was there is gone. :(

I will say that I've heard the nes wingle on the radio here in town, and I thought it was the best thing I've heard since Eleven and Josh Homme's cover of Queen's Stone Cold Crazy :)

Try that.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13015806/mystics.rar.html
  • Options
    I am exactly half way through the record now, and I am starting to warm up to it, at first I was a bit unsure, but its weird. There is kind of a weird Queen thing going on with a lot of it. It isn't a total reversal from the Yoshimi/Soft Bulletin sound, but it is a bit more aggressive.

More thoughts later.
  • Options
    Listened all the way through twice now, I dig it. I am a fan of pretty much all of their stuff, and to me this is a nice synthesis of a lot of their different styles and sounds into one record. I look forward to picking it up when it comes out, and seeing them live for the first time next month.
  • Options
    i like it a lot. good mix of everything. a lot of guitars
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I hate it

really

its

god

awful
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Is Steve in it?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Ok, no answer. Steve played with them at one time so I was just curious.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Ok, no answer. Steve played with them at one time so I was just curious.

Which Steve? Steven Drozd? He's been in the band for awhile. Or Steve Burns? If its Steve Burns, I know he's in Christmas on Mars (whenever that gets released). He also recorded on a song called 'Time Travel' with the Lips, but that doesn't look to be on the new album.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Alright, did a little more searching and noticed that Time Travel is on the CD Single of the WAND which is out March 4. Don't know if its the version with Steve Burns though.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball