Stone Temple F'ing Pilots.

faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I saw them last night in Charlotte and they kicked my ass. It was awesome. Haven't seen them since right after Purple came out and damn I'm sorry it was so long. If you have the chance go see them.

Highlights of the show were opening with Big Empty, Lounge Fly, Big Bang Baby and Sin were amazing, and the encore of Dead and Bloated with Scott sporting a Clint Eastwood Man With No Name trilogy Poncho.

Awesome. I will not be missing them again.
VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I saw them last night in Charlotte and they kicked my ass. It was awesome. Haven't seen them since right after Purple came out and damn I'm sorry it was so long. If you have the chance go see them.

Highlights of the show were opening with Big Empty, Lounge Fly, Big Bang Baby and Sin were amazing, and the encore of Dead and Bloated with Scott sporting a Clint Eastwood Man With No Name trilogy Poncho.

Awesome. I will not be missing them again.

I have 4 floor tickets for Orlando tommorrow night that will be going to waste due to this storm down south...:(
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • I'm sorry to hear that release30. I missed them at the Virgin Fest too so don't feel too bad, I'm still conflicted over that one. Glad to see an actual positive STP post here on the Other Music board! I love this band, even though Weiland can be pretty outta control sometimes. When the band is 'on,' they are one of the best live shows around, IMO.
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    i too thought they were good when i saw them; however there were some negative reviews...and i just dont understand that.....

glad you had a good time.

3 THURSDAY ED SOLO TICKETS AVAILABLE AT FACE OR LESS
    PM ME!!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    awesome!
    i saw them back in 2000 with RHCP and earlier this month, both times stellar performances/shows. love em! always happy to read positive experiences/reviews b/c it just seems so popular as of late to hate on STP. weilan has his issues to be sure, but it does not discount his immense talent, nor the talents of such a tight band with quite the catalogue of amazing tunes! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• awesome!
    i saw them back in 2000 with RHCP and earlier this month, both times stellar performances/shows. love em! always happy to read positive experiences/reviews b/c it just seems so popular as of late to hate on STP. weilan has his issues to be sure, but it does not discount his immense talent, nor the talents of such a tight band with quite the catalogue of amazing tunes! :)

You got it. His presence on stage is undeniable. He really had the crowd into it last night. Granted they took the stage kinda late but they made up for it with the catalog of material and intensity of the performance. They were indeed "ON" as it's said :)

One of the best non-PJ shows I've seen in awhile.

Damn that Lounge Fly was awesome!! Hahahaha
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Damn that Lounge Fly was awesome!! Hahahaha

Kick ass!! Damn, I'm jealous!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I'm sorry to hear that release30. I missed them at the Virgin Fest too so don't feel too bad, I'm still conflicted over that one. Glad to see an actual positive STP post here on the Other Music board! I love this band, even though Weiland can be pretty outta control sometimes. When the band is 'on,' they are one of the best live shows around, IMO.
    There have been plenty of positive STP reviews here along with the negative ones because that's just the reality of it. And as for missing them at Virgin Fest...no big loss on your part. In addition to hitting the stage late and a set of only 40 minutes, it was not their best day on a stage. Far from their worst, but not their best.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    release30 wrote:
    I have 4 floor tickets for Orlando tommorrow night that will be going to waste due to this storm down south...:(
    damn, this really sucks
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dharma69 wrote:
    There have been plenty of positive STP reviews here along with the negative ones because that's just the reality of it. And as for missing them at Virgin Fest...no big loss on your part. In addition to hitting the stage late and a set of only 40 minutes, it was not their best day on a stage. Far from their worst, but not their best.

Oh yea I've seen some positive ones and I realize the shows have been up and down because of Weiland. The show reviews I can understand, because I've seen footage of some absolutely awful performances by Weiland, and I've seen some really solid ones. I guess my point was, and I wasn't clear enough now that I re-read it, is all the bashing of Weiland because of his addiction problems. While I agree that it's fucked up for him to ruin shows for his fans, I don't think its cool for people to count the days till he ODs.

Thanks for the info on the Virgin Fest; I heard it was great, but a short set as expected.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    While I agree that it's fucked up for him to ruin shows for his fans, I don't think its cool for people to count the days till he ODs.
    Yeah, that's a bit crude and no one deserves that. Not even Weiland.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace