nickelback

lobb152lobb152 Posts: 193
edited September 2006 in Other Music
has anyone else seen the video where nickelback is playing somewhere and they are hit with shit. it funny as hell.
I am a nothing dreaming of something unknown.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lobb152 wrote:
    has anyone else seen the video where nickelback is playing somewhere and they are hit with shit. it funny as hell.

i saw it. It's pretty funny.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/nickleready2rock.html
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • i found a litlle audio file from pj that are getting coins thrown at them....so ed gets really pissed of only he handled it way better then that singer from nickelback.I tought his reaction was funny(from nickelback)...although i do not think it funny that there are people that can do that.The way ed spoke made me laugh to ...but really in both cases it is not a good thing.Iff you do not like it ...leave!!and do not fuck it up for others!!just my litlle opinion
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926

:D haha! that was nickelcrappin' funny.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • ManuManu Posts: 40
    And what exactly is a thread about Nickelback being hit with shit doing in The Porch?
    2000-06-23 Zurich
    2006-09-13 Bern
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Manu wrote:
    And what exactly is a thread about Nickelback being hit with shit doing in The Porch?

Well, to explain it;

1. Lobb152 signed into the message pit
    2. Clicked onto The Porch
    3. Selected Start Thread
    4. Posted the thread about Nickelback being hit with shit.

Rather simple when you think about it
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    Manu wrote:

Exactly. Can't we post this shit in "Other Music"?
  • TrAvELAr wrote:
    Exactly. Can't we post this shit in "Other Music"?

You've got to admit it's a funny video though.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • "Do we have any Nickelback fans in Portugal?"

"We can do two things: we can go home or we can stay here and listen to some rock and roll!"

Then he gets hit in the head with a rock.
  • there was a clip floating around here a few weeks back where heaps of shoes are being thrown onto the stage, Ed is having a rant about it and says that he and jeff are going to beat up every motherfucker with no shoes after the show!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • there was a clip floating around here a few weeks back where heaps of shoes are being thrown onto the stage, Ed is having a rant about it and says that he and jeff are going to beat up every motherfucker with no shoes after the show!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns
    Shoe the Shoeless :D

ya thats a pretty classic one
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • I like this one:

How you Remind Me vs. Someday

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4258547

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • did they seriously end the show after having all those shoes chucked at them? can't say i blame them!
    ☆amo☆
  • PickrPickr Posts: 161
    Man I was hoping to see actual shit thrown at them
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • did they seriously end the show after having all those shoes chucked at them? can't say i blame them!

no they came out and played an encore set...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • I like this one:

How you Remind Me vs. Someday

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4258547

PBM

Man, you listen to the whole report? Guy from Nickleback: "when you have such a distinct sound like we do, these things happen" He went on to compare their "distinctiveness" to AC/DC. The whole fraud thing is over the top, though. If that were the case, Porch and Severed Hand would be just as guilty.
  • mcocozza wrote:
    Man, you listen to the whole report? Guy from Nickleback: "when you have such a distinct sound like we do, these things happen" He went on to compare their "distinctiveness" to AC/DC. The whole fraud thing is over the top, though. If that were the case, Porch and Severed Hand would be just as guilty.

The main riff in Severed Hand is G-A-C, while Porch is just A-C. The Pearl Jam example is totally different. There were 8 albums between the songs, and outside of the main riff they sound nothing similar.

Nickleback though took the first successful single and copied it as the first single on the follow up album. That is just pathetic.
  • LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Hahahaahahah!!!!! That's super funny........

OTHER MUSIC, NOOB

The Porch
    Step out on the porch to discuss Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc. It's all about Pearl Jam here.
  • It's rough to have stuff thrown at you, I'm assuming Nickelband isn't well received in Portugal? If not, why were they playing there? They should of spent some time doing research.

My compliments to the person who threw that last rock, the aim was perfect and you have to assume they were behind the rail, with bodies around them, so they had to take account of the trajectory, wind, and the movement of the singer. Bullseye.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • The main riff in Severed Hand is G-A-C, while Porch is just A-C. The Pearl Jam example is totally different. There were 8 albums between the songs, and outside of the main riff they sound nothing similar.

Nickleback though took the first successful single and copied it as the first single on the follow up album. That is just pathetic.

Whatever the letters are, it sounds very much the same. I don't care how long apart they were etc, love both the songs.

Nickleback is crap for many other reasons, regardless of whether they reuse their own material.
  • mcocozza wrote:
    Whatever the letters are, it sounds very much the same. I don't care how long apart they were etc, love both the songs.

Nickleback is crap for many other reasons, regardless of whether they reuse their own material.

Those letters are the notes they play. But he/she didn't say the rythym in the two PJ songs is different - especially the bass.

Don't know about Nickelshit's songs though.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    The main riff in Severed Hand is G-A-C, while Porch is just A-C. The Pearl Jam example is totally different. There were 8 albums between the songs, and outside of the main riff they sound nothing similar.

both Severed Hand and Porch are A C and G, they are the same riffs
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    obiwon76 wrote:
    It's rough to have stuff thrown at you, I'm assuming Nickelband isn't well received in Portugal? If not, why were they playing there? They should of spent some time doing research.

My compliments to the person who threw that last rock, the aim was perfect and you have to assume they were behind the rail, with bodies around them, so they had to take account of the trajectory, wind, and the movement of the singer. Bullseye.

too bad the rock couldn't have been bigger and ended their career right there!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • TheGossman wrote:
    both Severed Hand and Porch are A C and G, they are the same riffs

I don't hear a G in the old versions of Porch, just the newer palm muted ones that Ed plays the intro on. But, I've been wrong before
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Those letters are the notes they play. But he/she didn't say the rythym in the two PJ songs is different - especially the bass.

Don't know about Nickelshit's songs though.

Right, right. I meant that I don't know which letters equal which notes, and couldn't decipher it that precisely anyway, but I sure as hell know they sound the same :)
  • I don't give a shit how bad anybody hates Nickelback, that kind of behavior is absolutely inexcusable. If that's how Portugese fans treat bands they may not like then, they don't deserve any music period.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • lobb152lobb152 Posts: 193
    sorry i didn't follow fucking proper etiquette lbc1076. i just fucking saw the video and thought it was so funny that it must appear hear. why do people try to insult others by calling them a noob. yes i love pearl jam and no i dont spend all my fucking time online. its still funny as hell though.
    I am a nothing dreaming of something unknown.
  • Rock the rockless.
    does matt dig nickelback? he jammed with chad of nickelback for "hero", soundtrack of spiderman.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/chords/framex.html
    scratching my butt...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    bahrosh teezy...
    does matt dig nickelback? he jammed with chad of nickelback for "hero", soundtrack of spiderman.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/chords/framex.html
    scratching my butt...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    bahrosh teezy...