need help finding this band

UsmanIUsmanI Posts: 72
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I've heard this song a few times on the radio now, it's a rock sock with a chick singing, and it starts off slow, builds in the middle, and then dies down. It's got a sort of up-tempo beat to it.

Anyway, I think the chorus goes something like "I've ... I've been waiting for this all my life ... but it's not quite right"

Anybody know who this is? I tried searching for lyrics on google but it just gives me phil collins, and this is not him.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    bump.....

I know the song - have heard it on the radio a bunch and it has been driving me a little crazy wanting to know who it is.....
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • I have no idea what it is. But I can't wait to find out.
    Cock Fight.
  • "I...I just died in your arms tonight. Must've been something you said."

That's all I got out of this. Sorry.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    great...now i'm gonna go crazy trying to figure this out. thanks ;)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    i may have figured it out... it's silversun pickups?!? i'm almost positive that it is. the song in "lazy eye"...it's on their new cd carnavas. good stuff...i highly recommend it :)

ps...it's actually a guy singing. the rock chick of the band plays bass. i'm a dork and just watched the video for the song :D
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    you beat me to it - i thought that was the name of the band.....it has been on the tip of my tongue ever since i read this thread

.....and i was pretty sure it was a guy singing - but didnt want to look foolish ;)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    i investigated. i hate when i can hear a song in my head, but can't think of the band right away. that's when itunes came in handy :)
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Dick Jones wrote:
    "I...I just died in your arms tonight. Must've been something you said."

That's all I got out of this. Sorry.

Goddam. I had to come back into this thread to let you know that since reading your post I can't get this song out of my head. Yeesh.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • UsmanIUsmanI Posts: 72
    yes it is Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups, just heard it on the radio again, lol. Damn, i was sure it was a girl singing, thought it was pretty cool. Oh well, good song no matter what sex is singing it.