What's QOTSA up to

pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
edited December 2006 in Other Music
So does anyone on here happen to know what Josh Homme and Queens of the Stone Age are up to. I'd imagine they're in the studio working on an album; last i knew they were touring but have since stopped. I just can't wait for a new album
"Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Josh has been touring with his other project, Eagles of Death Metal.
  • pjfan020 wrote:
    So does anyone on here happen to know what Josh Homme and Queens of the Stone Age are up to. I'd imagine they're in the studio working on an album; last i knew they were touring but have since stopped. I just can't wait for a new album

They're mixing the new album. Josh I believe only toured with EODM when they opened for the strokes. Which ended this spring.
    NERDS!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Excpect some new Desert Sessions soon.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    according to the lead singer of eagles for death metal, the band are going to tour the uk next year but josh is going to stayt in the usa and record a new qotsa album. also the former bassist from death from above 1979 is going to be on the new record. :D wish nick was back though :(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The album is done AFAIK. Mixing and getting ready for shows now...though those guys are prolific in the studio. They could decide tomorrow to cut more songs for the album, and do it. :)

I heard early 2007 for the next record.
  • darkcrow wrote:
    according to the lead singer of eagles for death metal, the band are going to tour the uk next year but josh is going to stayt in the usa and record a new qotsa album. also the former bassist from death from above 1979 is going to be on the new record. :D wish nick was back though :(

pretty sure the dfa1979 bassist is not on the new album.. there were rumourrs at one point but he said that thing didn't work out on his website a month or two ago.
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    pretty sure the dfa1979 bassist is not on the new album.. there were rumourrs at one point but he said that thing didn't work out on his website a month or two ago.

yep sorry. ur right. just checked the death from above message board and jfk said he was giong to do it but schedules changed and he cant... but he said there could be stuff in the future... desert session here we come lol
  • ps. sorry about all the typos.. apparently i was on crack this morning.
  • Jesse from DFA said he did play on the album in a JJJ interview. They are currently tracking the album. I bet the album is out by early spring, hopefully.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/mel/listen/mp3s/dfa.mp3

As for the Desert Sessions, I thought I heard Winter of '07.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • nick's back in the band but it's supposed to be hush hush, so dont tell anybody.

:)
  • Josh has been touring with his other project, Eagles of Death Metal.

no, he hasn't. he only does the LA or televised gigs.
  • Josh I believe only toured with EODM when they opened for the strokes.

no, he only played the LA show -- that tour it was jesse's ex-wife on drums, then they split and got a new guy (i forgot his name) for the shows they have been doing recently.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I hope the new album is coming out soon and I hope it does great. They're one of the best bands in rock. Such a unique sound.

Is Mark Lanegan going to contribute at all?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • I haven't heard anything on Lanegan, I know he toured with the Twilight Singers recently, that is all. But I wouldn't count him out, he has been on the last three, more than any one else. (Minus J.Ho)
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • no, he only played the LA show -- that tour it was jesse's ex-wife on drums, then they split and got a new guy (i forgot his name) for the shows they have been doing recently.

Well he played the Portland show, I was there.
    NERDS!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I saw Josh and Brodie after the acoustic Foo Fighters gig in Hollywood last August and asked him what his little band was up to... he said they were in the studio, working on their next album... probably a Spring 2007 release.
    As he was signing junk for other people and stuff... I said, "Cool... the world needs mores Queens..."
    As he stopped, mid-signing... and looked over at me from the corner of his eye, with a very perplexed look... I muttered, "Wait... that didn't come out right, did it? ... Well, dude... you know what I mean... more 'Queens Of The Stone Age'... uhhh... music and stuff". He said, "Well, it IS Hollywood and all".
    And look for a little Josh real soon... if not already.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Well he played the Portland show, I was there.

well i'll be damned. that's weird.

"well don't i feel like a horse's patoot" - chris farley