Dylan

TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Anyone going the Dylan/Costello show at Merriweather this Friday?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    but fucking jealous.

will probably be an unforgettable experience
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390
    glasshouse wrote:
    will probably be an unforgettable experience

I hope so... I've never seen Dylan but I've really grown to appreciate his catalog over the past few years.
  • i saw dylan last month in perth
    good show, but dont expect him to sound like he did on albums
    his voice is pretty shot
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    just saw him on sunday in clemson. he was a lot better than when i saw him last year. he played lead guitar on 3 songs. he has a great energy that he hasn't had in years. great show. costello was a lot better than i expected also.
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390
    scot88 wrote:
    just saw him on sunday in clemson. he was a lot better than when i saw him last year. he played lead guitar on 3 songs. he has a great energy that he hasn't had in years. great show. costello was a lot better than i expected also.

Great to hear... thanks for the info. :)
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    I hope so... I've never seen Dylan but I've really grown to appreciate his catalog over the past few years.
    His shows aren't the best, but they aren't the worst either. His voice has always sounded gruff, but the thing that throws everyone off is that the band changes the musical arrangements to songs every show. Therefore, Dylan may be singing in a different key to try to keep up with the new tempo, but he comes off as being way off key when this happens. The band is really good though. They kind of have jazzy/ bluegrass/ rock sound twisted all in one. I'd see Dylan again or (hope to). I guess what I'm saying is, don't go in expecting the hits to sound like the album cause they won't. It may take a few minutes to figure out what song is being played.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12