Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

sicksaucesicksauce Posts: 25
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Just found out they are playing at the Blue Lamp in Sacramento August 2nd and I just bought tickets. Only $15, should be an awesome show. Anyone else listen to them? Their cover of John Denver's "Leavin' on a Jet Plane" is the balls.
John Mclaughlin Fan Club 3/7/06
He Fought the 10 Club But the 10 Club Always Wins.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    oh yeah, I listen to 'em. Next time anyone has a party, pop in Have a Ball or Love their Country and tell me who doesn't like it. The only one I don't care for as much is their Showtunes CD 'Are a Drag' though how the hell can I say that when they cover Rainbow Connection?

they are fantastic fun.
  • No_ones_rivalNo_ones_rival Posts: 385
    Best cover band EVER!!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    very awesome band...haha i love their version of Wild World and Save the Best For Last

does anybody know if Fat Mike from NOFX still plays bass for them?
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • sicksaucesicksauce Posts: 25
    very awesome band...haha i love their version of Wild World and Save the Best For Last

does anybody know if Fat Mike from NOFX still plays bass for them?

I think he does...the concert ad said "with members of NOFX, Lagwagon..." ect.
    John Mclaughlin Fan Club 3/7/06
    He Fought the 10 Club But the 10 Club Always Wins.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Awesome band.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    s_rockvam wrote:
    Best cover band EVER!!!

2 tru.
    what i love about the gimmes is that when you go see them live, for some inexplicable reason you know all the words to the songs. you dont have to even have bought one of their CDs. it's great. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Have A Ball is awesome!
    NERDS!
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Have A Ball was my first Gimmes album.
    I saw them in Febuary and it was so awesome. They really put on a good show. Plus I'm a huge fan of Chris and Scott Shiflett.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I've seen them four times. Definitely a fun evening and worth the price. Never knew "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" could sound so great.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    ... Plus I'm a huge fan of Chris and Scott Shiflett.

ooh ooh me too. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    what a band!!
  • No_ones_rivalNo_ones_rival Posts: 385
    ooh ooh me too. :D

The Shifflets are badasses... has anyone checked out the new Jackson United cd? If so, how does it stand up to the first?
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • TheDecline13TheDecline13 Posts: 990
    Me First is awesome, I keep emailing them, telling them to cover Milli Vanilli
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    s_rockvam wrote:
    The Shifflets are badasses... has anyone checked out the new Jackson United cd? If so, how does it stand up to the first?
    The new cd is awesome. Songs like Undertow and White Flag Burning are really good. I saw them in May, it was one of my favourite gigs ever.
    The new cd is awesome. Songs like Undertow and White Flag Burning are really good. I saw them in May, it was one of my favourite gigs ever.

ooh ooh me too. :D was it at the annandale you saw them? i love that place.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say