OFFICIAL new radiohead rocks thread

bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
edited October 2007 in Other Music
holy shit this is good. so much complexity. not a bad tune on the whole disc!
those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agreee. I'm still not fond of Apreggi or House Of Cars, but I'm warming. Oh and there is a thread right above.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    I agreee. I'm still not fond of Apreggi or House Of Cars, but I'm warming. Oh and there is a thread right above.

wow. really? house of cards is unbelievable to me. almost too good to be real. so well put together. but i loved the live version a lot too.

i really like arpeggi too. i didn't like the live version when i heard it at first though.
  • See, those two, I didn't like the live versions either.
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    first lick of house of cards, the first time i heard, it had me hooked :)

same with 4 minute warning!

i do miss the old nude though. with the extended end.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Can't wait to get this on vinyl in mid-December. Glad I put my order in a few days ago because the site hasn't been working for the last few hours.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • i agree the album is great... i have listened to it almost 8 full times through today at work... Apreggi is probably my favourite song at this point, i just float away in it. And reckoner completly surprised me, completely different from what i heard on youtube.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    All I Need takes awesome to a whole new level
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Awesome album. I can't stop listening to it!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Amazing album. Easily in my top three of the year.

Here's a question. Since the band has fulfilled their contract w/ Capitol I wonder if Capitol will still try to capitalize off the band and release a b-sides record or a greatest hits.
  • a greatest hits cd would suck, and I don't think radiohead would contribute anything new to it....however, a b-sides compilation would be great, as to get them all, you have to spend a lot of money on singles/ep's
  • wish I could down load it, fuck! I'm listening on youtube and HOLY SHIT, WHAT D'YA KNOW its fucking radiohead, no one is better.

Listen to about 3, then hit "Wierd Fishes" and replayed it about 15 times. now I've played 2 or three more and this is incredible, but I can't say I'm surprised.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    thunderDAN wrote:
    All I Need takes awesome to a whole new level
    what he said.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Am I the only one who thinks In rainbows is the most mediocre album Radiohead have ever produced? Seriously, I listened to it 3 or 4 times yesterday trying to see what all you guys saw in it, but I just don't get it. It bored me to death.
    Anyway carry on. I won't bother the thread again :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Am I the only one who thinks In rainbows is the most mediocre album Radiohead have ever produced? Seriously, I listened to it 3 or 4 times yesterday trying to see what all you guys saw in it, but I just don't get it. It bored me to death.
    Anyway carry on. I won't bother the thread again :)

It's a grower. At first I wasn't sure about a few songs, but now I'm digging the whoel thing. It's a bit more subtle in it's approach, but the songs are damn good. Also, I think Johnny Greenwood is board with the guitar and much rather write orchestral parts. I love the percussion on the album, particularly on 15 Step and Reckoner.