www.pandora.com

bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
edited September 2006 in Other Music
anyone ever check this site out? you type in an artist you like, and it creates a radio station with similar artists.

i did pearl jam, and it gave me some band called Black Lab. sounds pretty lame if you ask me...
those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Yay for Pandora.com!

I love the thingy, myself. It's a pretty good source of new music and I love how you can actually interact with it....tell it what you like and what you don't.

And if you don't like it, it promises never to play that song again!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • i put it the strokes and got radiohead-lurgee, and the yeah yeah yeah's.

pretty sweet!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • I just put in Pearl Jam and first song I got was by Interpol (who I love)..I was suprised it wasnt creed or some grunge clone band. Not a bad concept.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The best channel I've found on their was when I put in the Libertines. I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I found some good music on their (Lucero specifically).
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Pandora is boss. It has helped me to discover many new artists and songs that I wouldn't have heard otherwise. I have recommended it to a bunch of my friends and they all seem to like it.
  • Have you guys never heard of Launchcast radio? very similar idea, just been around a bit longer.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Have you guys never heard of Launchcast radio? very similar idea, just been around a bit longer.

yep, launchcast is way better than this thing
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Have you guys never heard of Launchcast radio? very similar idea, just been around a bit longer.

I listen to this just about every day at work now. Yahoo is one of the things that our filter doesn't block thankfully. I always listen to "My Station" but I was looking through the list of genre specific stations they have the other day and was amazed at the depth. Me and a co worker almost fell out when we saw that one of their many stations is the "Gay Club Mix". Think I'll just stick to "My Station".
    Brian
  • "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~