Osheaga Festival - anyone go?

wavin_goodbyewavin_goodbye Posts: 135
edited September 2006 in Other Music
i went both saturday and sunday and had an incredible time.. we were so lucky with the weather.. i was expecting it to be miserable sunday..

for those who don't know, osheaga is a new, two day indie-ish festival in montreal..

you can see the incredible lineup here..

http://www.osheaga.com/en/schedule/

ben harper and damian marley were definitely my favourite sets (had an incredible spot - front and centre)

same time next year!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i was there...the festival was awesome...Dinosaur Jr and Kid Koala stole the show on the mainstage...

Final Fantasy, Tokyo Police Club, Meligrove Band and Bell Orchestre were my favourites on the sidestages...

and of course, the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth were awesome...
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• It was great, i hope they'll repeat it next year, cause it was great and Parc Jean Drapeau is amazing for outdoor concert. So many surprise, Holy Fuck, Damien Marley, Joseph Arthur, Flaming Lips (first time for me). Sonic Youth were great as usual, local Malajube and Vulgaires Machins were amazing on the main stage. Can't wait for Osheaga '07 (Radiohead would be great ;) )

Only thing is that you can't see them all, for example i choosed Holy Fuck instead of Lady Soveregn and that kind of choice were hard to make.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau