Muse new album?

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I have heard mixed reports about the new muse album.. I havent bought it because I have been overseas but otherwise I would already have it I'm a big fan.. I have heard its Muse by the numbers and nowhere near their best work? Thoughts?
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i think its great
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am not a fan. It has club beats to it.... :eek: Not for me i like a couple of songs but for the most part i did not enjoy that album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I don't think it's "Muse by numbers" at all. Actually it's a little outside of themselves.

I think most people find "Absolution" Muse's most defining album....that's what they should sound like now and ever. I loved the damn thing myself; it was blown up and brilliant. But this new album...this is Muse stepping outside of the box and doing it really well.

There's still the grand overwhelming sounds, the doom, Bellamy's soaring voice, the emotional strings, the metal moments, the theatrical guitar (I mean it's all so dramatic), and then there's that trumpet that comes out of nowhere.

I like very much. I think you will, too.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace