Blind Melon

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Can anyone recomend me a setlist of really good blind melon to start me off? I just started listening to them and really like what i hear.

Thanks!
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    get the CD with the Bee Girl on it and add the track "Walk" off Soup....those are the one's I really really like
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    thunderDAN wrote:
    get the CD with the Bee Girl on it and add the track "Walk" off Soup....those are the one's I really really like

For starters, don't listen to thunderDan despite the fact that he was a hell of a ball player. I actually think Nico is their most listener friendly record and it wasn't even really a record. The first album is the classic one and has lots of groovy jamming going on. Soup is the actual masterpiece but far and away the least accessable to the average ear. I don't think you can go wrong with any of it...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Anything by them is gold, (the real Blind Melon of course, not this Faux Melon crap) but I'll try to keep the list down to a few of my favs though to get you started. Enjoy! :)

Soup
    Time
    Toes Across the Floor
    Sleepyhouse
    I Wonder
    Walk
    Mouthful of Cavities
    St. Andrew's Fall
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • all the new stuff, all the old stuff... its all good. Just grab it all up and enjoy
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    eyedclaar wrote:
    For starters, don't listen to thunderDan despite the fact that he was a hell of a ball player. I actually think Nico is their most listener friendly record and it wasn't even really a record. The first album is the classic one and has lots of groovy jamming going on. Soup is the actual masterpiece but far and away the least accessable to the average ear. I don't think you can go wrong with any of it...

well if my idea gets shut down, atleast listen to Change, Deserted, Tones of Home, and Holyman
  • Start with No Rain... then stop just like the rest of the world.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • Start with No Rain... then stop just like the rest of the world.

Speak for yourself, that's one of my least favorite Blind Melon tunes. You're missing out, but to each their own.
  • AlBorlandAlBorland Posts: 117
    Start with No Rain... then stop just like the rest of the world.

lol. I like some other blind melon tunes, but that's funny.
    Skeletons ain't got nowhere to stick their money.
  • AlBorland wrote:
    lol. I like some other blind melon tunes, but that's funny.

He likes Melon, he's just being a brat...Please don't encourage him. :p lol.
  • cgroxcgrox Posts: 58
    Blind Melon is another gem of a band. just as intricate, alluring and compelling as PJ... errr, almost. No really, they friggin R.O.C.K. dig into em and get ready to have another addiction. Much like PJ, be sure to LISTEN to the words, the stories, the depth and most importantly howthe music wraps it all serving you a mouthful.

"pea green the feeling"

RIP Shannon. Love ya man, you're NEVER forgotten!
    Member # 173***

21 Shows and counting... Finally met Ed @ Zellerbach night 1!!!

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Buy Soup, its their best album.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    no rain, soup, change, mouthful of cavities, walk, the pusher, skinned, vernie, life ain't so shitty, soul one, etc
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i think my favorite from them is "skinned"... check it out... the ed gein connection really makes the playfulness of it all the more disturbing :D

change and mouthful of cavities are also great
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    One of my favourite bands, right up there with Pearl Jam & Soundgarden.
    Soup is in my top 3 all time albums, absolutely adore that album.

With Blind Melon it a real experience. The music, the mood, the feeling, the lyrics, the images, the voice...damn that voice!!!

Still can't stop watching the Blind Melon Intimate & Interactive DVD. Just great to see Shannon on top form. What a talent.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    The only have two CD's out, so it shoudn't be hard to get all of their stuff. Their greatest hits is good. Galaxie, Life Ain't So Shitty, and Candy Says are really good songs if no one has mentioned them.
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Mouthful of Cavities! I loves playing that one on the gee-tar. Glad to see all the love for Soup, really underrated album.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    jwillmo wrote:
    Mouthful of Cavities! I loves playing that one on the gee-tar. Glad to see all the love for Soup, really underrated album.

When I saw them recently (holy great fucking show) I couldn't belive how many people around me were screaming out the lyrics to Soup songs. I really didn't think it touched that many people. Glad it did.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Yeah, great to hear 'Soup' is loved so much, just a truely awesome album.

On another note, anyone know if the guys are planning to head over to Europe any time soon, more specifically the UK?
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    go get Live at the Palace

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I didn't pick up Soup until late '97...on the whole, it is their most complete album. A shame Shannon isn't around to make more music with the guys.

I do look forward to the new disc with Shannon. The signature Melon sound is still ever present in the new songs.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Just thought I should mention, when I was in grade 10 (2003) everybody in my school became obsessed with Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Blind Melon. It was like a dream or something. Everybody in my school knew all the words to every Blind Melon song. Really strange, but really cool.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    In my opinion, one of the top 3 bands of all time. Not a bad song.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Steer well clear. Just because "Rockstar" and "How You Remind Me" get played on the radio, it don't mean the band is any good.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    luv me some soup, and everything else they put out. Great band.
  • muppet wrote:
    Steer well clear. Just because "Rockstar" and "How You Remind Me" get played on the radio, it don't mean the band is any good.

Have you ever listened to anything besides "No Rain?" Well since you're compairing Melon to Nickelback I guess I answered my own question.

Open your ears...or shut your mouth...er, or stop typing. ;)
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    s_rockvam wrote:
    all the new stuff, all the old stuff... its all good. Just grab it all up and enjoy

Best thing you could possibly do!