Screaming Trees

mookmook Posts: 78
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I've always loved the Screaming Trees, but I know nothing about them at all. I'd like to know what interesting facts you guys can share with me.

When did they start?

Any info on the bandmembers?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    interesting thing, I recently got given even if and especially when by a friend because she knew I liked them and she was never gonna listen to it. It must have been unused because it still has the SST catalogue from 1987 in it, in mint condition. its just kinda cool to see something listing Soundgarden albums and it only goes up to Ultramega OK :D. I think I'm gonna stick it on my wall.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I've been obsessed with them lately. I've probably listened to Dust and Sweet Oblivion about 30 times each in the past month.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    stpmattb wrote:
    I've been obsessed with them lately. I've probably listened to Dust and Sweet Oblivion about 30 times each in the past month.

Get Buzz Factory & Uncle Anesthesia if you don't own them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • mookmook Posts: 78
    i'm obsessed with them myself. i made a uber grunge playlist on my ipod and it fits in perfectly with eddie, kurt, chris and layne's voices.

brilliant band.
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    One of the better "seattle bands" (Better than Soundgarden AND AIC..yep I said it). Lanegan has one of the best voices in rock.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Mark Lanagen's solo work is worth checking out too! the Winding Sheet and Whiskey For THe Holy Ghost are breathtaking.
  • Great band, Lanegans solo stuff is great also pick it up. But better then Soundgarden or Alice in Chains no chance.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Mark Lenegan's voice is amazing. He needs to get off the meth and get back on the road with Queens Of The Stone Age
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    A great band song's such as no one knows and julie paradise blow my mind
  • - mark met gary in detention in high school, gary approached mark cause mark was wearing a black flag t-shirt

- mark almost lost both his legs when he got run over by a tractor (why does that look mispelled?)

i got a lot more if you are really really interested and i have some spare time.
  • ediger wrote:
    Mark Lenegan's voice is amazing. He needs to get off the meth and get back on the road with Queens Of The Stone Age

asking mark to get off meth is like asking steve martin to stop having grey hair.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    for me mark lanegans solo work tops any screamng trees(tho I am am big admirer of dust and sweet oblivion),,,,,,,bubblegum was amazing.
  • mookmook Posts: 78
    while were chatting about solo stuff, is the guitarist from AIC's solo stuff any good? I've heard some good things about it.