Carbon/Silicon anyone?

quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I didn't even know about the band until this evening when my friends told me I was going to photograph the show, but it was great! Mick Jones from the Clash heads up the band and it was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. At the end he invited everyone up on stage, so people were jumping up left and right and just dancing like fools! It was very dance/punk, what you'd expect from an ex member of The Clash, basically. I have a ton of amazing photos, just need to get them uploaded (will probably get that done in the morning! or you can check http://www.PhillyGirlAboutTown.com for a review and some of my shots)

They have just a few other dates in the US and I highly recommend seeing them!! If not the the show, then just to see all the London punk wannabe kids! They were all there in full out garb and make up with freshly dyed/bleached hair!
rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I posted in this thread about when I saw them a few months ago playing in a pub.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=272948
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Carbon/Silicon = HELL YES!!!!!

I saw them a little while back and, even though it's fair to obvious that Mick is driving th bus, Mick and TJ are quite the couple! The show was nothing but a good time, the band was tight and, the best of it all was that you could tell that Mick and TJ were having a great time on that stage together and in front of us. The laughing, the comments, Mick's dancing (not a band dancer, that one), I think he and TJ had smiles on their faces from the minute they took the stage til the moment they left it.

And Mick even stopped what he was doing to get down on his knees and sign a bunch of autographs in the middle of the show. That made TJ laugh out loud.

I tell you, it was a thrill just to be in the same room with the likes of those two and damned if they're not two of the sharpest dressed rockers I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Great to see legends thrive and do so on their own terms. Where would music be without them?

"Caesar's Palace" @ The El Rey and

In honor of Mickey Dread, "Bankrobber"

Glad for your good time, quarterpast; I can only imagine how great the photos are.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
    The show in Toronto was cancelled. I was absolutely gutted. I am hoping they come back soon.

q