Buffalo Tom- Three Easy Pieces

cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Anyone heard this album?
"When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It was given to me by a radio station outside waiting for QOTSA in tulsa ok. very average and kinda bland.
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Not this album, but I do have 'Sleepy Eyed' from Buffalo Tom. And its fucking awesome.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    It was given to me by a radio station outside waiting for QOTSA in tulsa ok. very average and kinda bland.

I couldn't disagree more. I love this album. I think it's one of the best records of the year so far. I'm a pretty big Buffalo Tom fan though, so I'll admit I'm a bit biased.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    If there's one band I love more then Pearl Jam, it's Buffalo Tom.

This was their first release in about 8 years.

The thing about their last two albums, they were meant to be heard live, these songs had been played live for a few years before they ever got recorded in a studio. 3EP still has it's high moments ... the title track, Bottom of the Rain, Good Girl, September Shirt (the song they did on letterman, it's on youtube) and CC and Callas ... bassist Chris Colbourn singing about his love for opera singer Marie Callas ....

They are just a stright forward rock band ... and if you get the chance to see them live, you should jump on the chance ... they are currently in Europe.

If you want the highlight of Buffalo Tom's catalogue ... pick up "Let Me Come Over" ... which is my favorite album by and band .... ever.

Finally .... added "bonus" if you will ... here's a pic of Ed, who with Red Sox GM Theo Epstein, crashed one of lead singer Bill Janovitz' solo shows the last time PJ went through Boston in '06 ...

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/?action=view&current=EdTheoBill.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    jimed14 wrote:
    If there's one band I love more then Pearl Jam, it's Buffalo Tom.

This was their first release in about 8 years.

The thing about their last two albums, they were meant to be heard live, these songs had been played live for a few years before they ever got recorded in a studio. 3EP still has it's high moments ... the title track, Bottom of the Rain, Good Girl, September Shirt (the song they did on letterman, it's on youtube) and CC and Callas ... bassist Chris Colbourn singing about his love for opera singer Marie Callas ....

They are just a stright forward rock band ... and if you get the chance to see them live, you should jump on the chance ... they are currently in Europe.

If you want the highlight of Buffalo Tom's catalogue ... pick up "Let Me Come Over" ... which is my favorite album by and band .... ever.

Finally .... added "bonus" if you will ... here's a pic of Ed, who with Red Sox GM Theo Epstein, crashed one of lead singer Bill Janovitz' solo shows the last time PJ went through Boston in '06 ...

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/?action=view&current=EdTheoBill.jpg

i'm also a big fan. i havn't heard 3ep yet though. Only recently found out it was even available, and get paid once a month. Will definitely be picking it up in a few days. Can't wait. How would you compare it to, say... Big Red Letter Day, for example.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."