The official "I will fucking die without tunes" thread

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i will. i swear it.
"i don't want to be your friend, i just wat to be your lover"

some days I'm conviced that music is the only thing keeping me sane.
you know? that door you can open at any time at any place and just get the fuck out. all hail the mighty instrument that is melody
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah, music really is my personal therapist.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    oh yeah I do know what you're talking about. Music is basically my religion.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    JaneNY wrote:
    oh yeah I do know what you're talking about. Music is basically my religion.

Ditto :)
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    I agree wholeheartedly. Music is a huge part of my life. Countless hours as well as countless dollars have gone into music. Whether it's at shows, listening along, playing guitar...etc. If it wasnt for music I would be a very boring person

my roomate never listens to music, unless it is in the car, and I dont know how he can keep his sanity
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Yea I agree. I used to not listen to music that much, and now I see how much I used to miss out. If im feeling down I listen to music, when im mad I listen to a heavy song, or when I happy I listen to an upbeat song.
    And of course I love playing guitar and singing alog to songs.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    time to quote the legendary Duke Ellington

"music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I love music. Love hearin it. Love playin it loud, and most of all I love makin instrument noises with my mouth. What I lack in actual guitar ability, I more than make up for with my mouth guitaring.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I enjoy listening to music but I've never understodd the whole "music is my fucking life!" thing.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    muppet wrote:
    I enjoy listening to music but I've never understodd the whole "music is my fucking life!" thing.

Hmm...... Well, I wouldnt say music is my life, but I dunno what I would do if I couldnt listen to music. It would suck royal shit imo. I also love playin music. If there comes a time when I can play gigs, or make my own music, and support my family I would do it in a heartbeat.

Also, about the only time my wife and I do anything, we go to a show. We just had a baby, and we went to a couple shows while my wife was pregnant, RHCP while she was 4-5 months along, and it was the first time I could feel the baby movin, from the outsid, was at the show.

Plus tons and tons of other music related memories, not to mention ones in the future.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I don't know if I could live without music. I don't know if I would be such a good person without it. Or sane.

Music isn't my life. It's part of what makes up my life.
    Cock Fight.