neil young: HARVEST M~O~O~N

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited October 2007 in Other Music
what a magnificent album

natural beauty is one of the most beautiful album closers I've heard
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    <3<3<3...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It has a nice warm tone throughout it.

I did not appreciate it as much when it first came out as i do now.

the album sounds like home cookin taste :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yeah....i also didn't warm up to it immediately. it's definitely a mood album.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Instantly loved this album. Can't think of anything more Beautiful.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I know i'm in the minority, but to me Natural Beauty is the saving grace of this album. War of Man and Dreamin Man are both up there too, but the rest of it seems a bit throwaway to me, and it's too smooth. If i'm in the mood for mellow Neil, i'll usually put on Silver & Gold.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • merkinball wrote:
    I know i'm in the minority, but to me Natural Beauty is the saving grace of this album. War of Man and Dreamin Man are both up there too, but the rest of it seems a bit throwaway to me, and it's too smooth. If i'm in the mood for mellow Neil, i'll usually put on Silver & Gold.

I love all of this album. One of the best moods ever put on an album. And yes Natural Beauty is excellent.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    agree agree agree

also love 'one of these days'...great tune
    I love to turn you on
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    merkinball wrote:

Really. Odd.

Silver & Gold got stale for me very quickly. Like you their are good songs i like but the album as a whole i dont' care for.

That is the beauty of neil. One person's favorite could be another fan's least fav :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    intodeep wrote:
    That is the beauty of neil. One person's favorite could be another fan's least fav :)

Yep, totally agree.

I have a strong association with Silver & Gold and my kids though. It seems to be my fallback album for listening to during late-night feedings. While there are some throwaways there too, the second half of the album is totally solid for me. The DVD is excellent too. I hardly ever listen to Harvest Moon, with the exception of Natural Beauty. To me it represents a return to the middle of the road he was trying to get out of after Harvest.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball