~#@Nick Cave is a genius@#~

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited October 2007 in Other Music
fuck me side ways this guy and his band is nothing short of pure bliss.
got me the Abattoir Blues Tour DVD ~ i say goddam!
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes he is. a tall ghost-white genius of a man. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bring it on

cause

a war is coming

and

stagger lee shot the devil 4 times in his motherfucking head

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I remember seeing him live at the Cambridge Folk Festival, a few years back. The bells-and-sandals brigade were seriously booing and heckling him. It was an interesting insight into how folk purists are as musically clueless as the worst beatbox chavsters, because Nick put on a great show, unperturbed.

I don't quite know if he's a genius, but anyone who wrote I Had a Dream, Joe, deserves serious consideration as a songwriter of the most exceptional talent. Nine thumbs up to Nick.
    I remember seeing him live at the Cambridge Folk Festival, a few years back. The bells-and-sandals brigade were seriously booing and heckling him. It was an interesting insight into how folk purists are as musically clueless as the worst beatbox chavsters, because Nick put on a great show, unperturbed.

I don't quite know if he's a genius, but anyone who wrote I Had a Dream, Joe, deserves serious consideration as a songwriter of the most exceptional talent. Nine thumbs up to Nick.

come on fins admit it.... the man is a genius. :) he is always worth the effort.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • come on fins admit it.... the man is a genius. :) he is always worth the effort.

I only consider Hendrix, Captain Beefheart and myself in that category. ;)

hmm yes but is captain beefheart a real captain? and if so what is it he's a captain of?
    or is he a fake captain like captain cook was when he 'discovered' australia and really just a lieutenant?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

into my arms is pretty much straight up musical bliss....nothing short of genius.
    so is red right hand, mercy seat.....i can go on.....and on

cave is a genius

• hmm yes but is captain beefheart a real captain? and if so what is it he's a captain of?
    or is he a fake captain like captain cook was when he 'discovered' australia and really just a lieutenant?

If you had Youtube working, I could prove the man is deserving of Field Marshall status. ;)
  • glasshouse wrote:
    into my arms is pretty much straight up musical bliss....nothing short of genius.
    so is red right hand, mercy seat.....i can go on.....and on

cave is a genius

He is great, though. And he's probably the only songwriter with a genuine literary gift outside of music. His prose is excellent.
    If you had Youtube working, I could prove the man is deserving of Field Marshall status. ;)

recommend me an album and i'll make up my own mind. :)

isn't there one about a trout or some fish or something?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    He is great, though. And he's probably the only songwriter with a genuine literary gift outside of music. His prose is excellent.

i'm still to delve into his literacy. apparently his solo film project which he directed also turned out to be a big success

• glasshouse wrote:
    i'm still to delve into his literacy. apparently his solo film project which he directed also turned out to be a big success

What movie was that?
    I share a cigarette with negativity.

yes, my ass sees angels all the time. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    What movie was that?

i think he's talking about the proposition which cave did not direct though he did write the screenplay and the score.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i think he's talking about the proposition which cave did not direct though he did write the screenplay and the score.

That's what I had in mind - great movie too.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • recommend me an album and i'll make up my own mind. :)

Trout Mask Replica. Oooooh yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Mask_Replica
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    into my arms is pretty much straight up musical an go
    oh god yes
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"

yeah thats the one. thanks fins. i'll see if i can find it while im out trolling this week. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    this band is fucking MASSIVE

hiding all away
    get ready for love
    supernaturally
    there she goes, my beautiful world
    Deanna ("she was my fucking partner") :cool:
    breathless
    the ship song
    red right hand
    stranger than kindness
    into my arms
    do you love me?
    henry lee
    the weeping song
    stagger lee

• The new album of his that I've been listening to is Tender Prey, and I gotta say that it's the shit! I love buying random Nick Cave albums. They're all gonna be completely different, yet the quality is always consistent.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

'Loverman', 'The Mercy Seat', and 'Saint Huck' are right up there.
    "why are all the men there weeping?"

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    recommend me an album and i'll make up my own mind. :)

Safe as Milk is awesome. The songs 'Plastic factory', 'Electricity' e.t.c. Great stuff. I used to work in a plastics factory on a night shift about 10 years ago and we were allowed to bring our stereo's in and blast our music by our machines. I remember blasting out the 'safe as milk' album, with 'Plastic factory' obviously being particularly relevant at the time...

Plastic Factory

Phos`phrous chimney burnin`
    Modern-men`s a-learnin`
    Time and space a-turnin`
    Motor`s engine churnin`
    fac`trys no place for me
    boss man let me be

Wind and wave all blowin`
    Mountain `n` sky showin`
    Bee `n;`` flower growin`
    Boy`n`girl are glowin`
    fac`trys no place for me
    boss man let me be

Minds inside are goin`
    Muscle `n` bone are showin``
    One thing sure I`m knowing knowin`
    Get a fire goin`
    fac`trys no place for me
    boss man let me be
    boss man let me be
    boss man leave me be
    glasshouse wrote:
    "why are all the men there weeping?"

cause they're sooky little momma's boys. :D

i'm sorry that was a question wasn't it? ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    cause they're sooky little momma's boys. :D

i'm sorry that was a question wasn't it? ;):p

haha :D

no, it's a line from one of my favorite Cave songs: the weeping song ;)

• "They are weeping baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack at them."
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    haven't seen the dvd but that tour was amazing, a concert going highlight, such a MASSIVE powerful sound
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    itsevobaby wrote:
    haven't seen the dvd but that tour was amazing, a concert going highlight, such a MASSIVE powerful sound

go buy it.the dvd. now.