Options

How was "Present Tense" from the Tampa show?

moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
edited June 2008 in The Porch
It would seem that the boys are dropping a No Code nugget each show... I'm a big fan of "Present Tense." For those of you who went: How did it sound?

I've already purchased the WPB bootleg... I don't plan on buying all the boots... mainly because I can't... maybe I should wait and see how the other shows go first... I'm sure one of them will be a killer set... and double disc!
"A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Present Tense sounded GREAT!
    The crowd made it even better because you could hear the loud echoing of everyone's voices backing up Ed's voice....

I was very very happy to get Sometimes and Present Tense in addition to having gotten Who You Are the night before :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Thanks for sharing! I LOVE when the crowd gets into a song because it's usually enhanced... and singing along with "Present Tense"... that had to be one sweet sound.

Choices... Do I buy the boot? Grrr... It's too early in the tour to be struggling with these decisions. Ha!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I always love hearing Present Tense live. It always somehow turns into a sing along and it feels like the whole venue is singing it.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    present tense sounded awesome..........mike guitar was nice and deep, and the jam at the end was great.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    ...the jam at the end was great.

Absolutely great.

Worth the price of the boot alone, seriously.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I love what Matt's doing with this song these days ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    I always love hearing Present Tense live. It always somehow turns into a sing along and it feels like the whole venue is singing it.
    I agree, after hearing it in Chicago in '06 it became one of my favorite live songs.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    moses562 wrote:
    It would seem that the boys are dropping a No Code nugget each show... I'm a big fan of "Present Tense." For those of you who went: How did it sound?

I've already purchased the WPB bootleg... I don't plan on buying all the boots... mainly because I can't... maybe I should wait and see how the other shows go first... I'm sure one of them will be a killer set... and double disc!

i think its pearl jams best song!
    danny d
  • Options
    Present Tense was the one song that I was really hoping that PJ would end up playing in Tampa, so as soon I heard those first chords to this song I was like, "Fuck yeah, Eddie must have read my mind!"

As far as this version goes, it sounded heavenly. The best that I've ever heard out of all the bootlegs I've listen to so far. God, I really will never forget this moment. Thank you so much Pearl Jam!
    Tampa 04/13/03
    Kissimmee 10/08/04
    Tampa 06/12/08

"I got a recipe for anus ankle soup, yeah."
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I agree with all the previous posts that this may be THE version of PT. It was phenomenal. One of the songs my friend and I were talking about after the show. They absolutely killed it.

I'm def getting the Boot of this show. Several standouts and great crowd participation :)

They opened with Sometimes!!!!!!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Amazing...simply amazing. Present Tense rocked!
    Austin, TX