Soulfly?

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited April 2008 in Other Music
any fans? this band opened my eyes/ears to the fact that not all heavy metal are bullshit.

i've got Prophecy - very solid album - hard as a rock

discuss....
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah i love soulfly. Ive seen them twice and there are great. First time i saw them they did a great cover of nirvana's 'territorial pissings'. There are some great, great metal bands out there.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    One of the best metal bands ever called Sepultura without Max Cavalera is just a piece of crap... Soulfly is still far better than the remains of his previous group! Yeah, a great live act!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • I am a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE Soulfly fan! seen em 10 times! absolutely awesome band, nice to see other Tribe members on here! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • To all you Soulfly fans out there...Max and his brother Igor have formed a new band called Cavalera Conspiracy. Heres hoping for a tour and a new album :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • To all you Soulfly fans out there...Max and his brother Igor have formed a new band called Cavalera Conspiracy. Heres hoping for a tour and a new album :)

I think I just wet my pants! hehehe!..... I'm sooooo excited! WHY?! why didn't you text me with this vital information huh?! Sarah... we're through.... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• I think I just wet my pants! hehehe!..... I'm sooooo excited! WHY?! why didn't you text me with this vital information huh?! Sarah... we're through.... ;)

Ha ha ha! I told you...I know everything! Seriously though...kudos to Wikipedia :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    To all you Soulfly fans out there...Max and his brother Igor have formed a new band called Cavalera Conspiracy. Heres hoping for a tour and a new album :)

I just did a search for Cavalera Conspiracy and came across this post. I'm listening to the CD and it's more groove-oriented than Sepultura was, kind of like Chaos-AD era but more groove. Similar to the band Grip Inc (another great groove-metal band, ifyou haven't heard them).
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?

They have an album out now... unless by that you mean 'new' new album. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    They have an album out now... unless by that you mean 'new' new album. ;)
    Yep.

But they didn't in September, when I made that post... ;):p:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Do you like the album?
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Sepultura was one of the very first metal bands I got into way back when Arise came out. I can still remember listening to it and being blown away by not only the drumming but how Max was doing those low screams (which back then nobody else was even attempting)

Soulfly is great live, seen them so many times I cant even count. Alot of people tell me I look like Max, well from the back at least (I think it just because of the dreds)

The Cavelera bros are the shit!!! I didnt know they were working together again, def gotta check that out...
  • PJ-Sin wrote:
    Sepultura was one of the very first metal bands I got into way back when Arise came out. I can still remember listening to it and being blown away by not only the drumming but how Max was doing those low screams (which back then nobody else was even attempting)

Soulfly is great live, seen them so many times I cant even count. Alot of people tell me I look like Max, well from the back at least (I think it just because of the dreds)

The Cavelera bros are the shit!!! I didnt know they were working together again, def gotta check that out...

same as, I remember being given Chaos AD by my dad when I was about 12 and loving it! My first metal t was a roots one and I still have it... :o

After seeing Soulfly so many times, I can't wait to see the Cavalera Conspiracy because i've never seen the brothers together, but alas, one gig in London is all we are to get... unless you're prepared to spend too much money on crappy festival tickets :(

Max and Igor are definately teh shiznet :cool:

Has anyone heard the new album?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i have to say that Max Cavelera is one of the WORST lyricists in metal.

Biotech is Godzilla/Biotech is AIDS
    Back to the primative/fuck all your bullshit

how many Soulfly songs does he mention PAIN!!! and SUFFERING!!! c'mon.

"Jumpdafuckup" is a good song though.
  • i have to say that Max Cavelera is one of the WORST lyricists in metal.

Biotech is Godzilla/Biotech is AIDS
    Back to the primative/fuck all your bullshit

how many Soulfly songs does he mention PAIN!!! and SUFFERING!!! c'mon.

"Jumpdafuckup" is a good song though.

Hahahaha...

'I hate bad lyrics. "Jumpdafuckup" RULEZZ!!'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Yep.

But they didn't in September, when I made that post... ;):p:D

Ah.. I apologise. :D

By the way, you're awesome.

Wrong thread? Sorry...

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hahahaha...

'I hate bad lyrics. "Jumpdafuckup" RULEZZ!!'
    well...... Jumpdafuckup is a good song, bad lyrics or not! at least it was good the last time i heard it 6 years ago.
  • Soulfly are great, there a break from this new wave of metal thats come which is just awful. I think the Brazilian tribal stuff is awsome. Sepultura are pretty great aswell.
    S'cuse the shit name!