Bob Dylan: Bringing It All Back Home

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited September 2007 in Other Music
MASTERpiece

"Hey Mr. Tambourine play a song for me......"
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• His best album along with Highway 61
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    His best album along with Highway 61

I prefer Blonde on Blonde to both of them, but they are both fantastic records for sure.
    rock chalk
  • definitely one of my favorite dylan albums.

lyrically, it might be his best album overall.
  • Bringing it All Back Home is as concise as it is varied. Highway 61 Revisited is in the same vein, and is superb too, but it's an example of Dylan riding the plateau he attained with the earlier album. The sheer energy of Maggie's Farm is unmatched. That's the song that nearly sparked a riot at Newport '65.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I prefer the live version of MAggie Farms that he did in the seventies. I really like the live riff to it
  • fada wrote:
    I prefer the live version of MAggie Farms that he did in the seventies. I really like the live riff to it

http://www.bobdylan.com/audio/albumtracks/WindowsMedia/56/maggie_hardrain.asx
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    this album is sick
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • i've been listening to this album all evening, i love it.
  • I'm no Dylan scholar but I'm pretty sure these four albums were released consecutively:
    Bringing It All Back Home
    Highway 61 Revisited
    Blonde On Blonde
    John Wesley Harding

That is absolutely amazing. Each album is a complete masterpiece.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.