arcade fire - funeral

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited January 2007 in Other Music
this is one of the "better" albums i own
any fans?
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Great album, especially wake up and rebellion (lies) but I have kind of had enough of it now...... hopefully the new album will turn me back on.
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    - PJ avoid me like the plague
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I really like this album. I have to be in the mood for it, but I think it's pretty solid beginning to end.
  • if you have the chance you must see them live.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    a couple slow songs on it i don't care for as much but besides that i lvoe it!!!

Great live band must see them in that setting
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I could listen to Rebellion (lies) forever, they create such an awesome vibe in their music, I have a lot of time for bands that can create 'that' cool vibe, can't put my finger on what it is exactly......
  • Love this album, actually i listened to it today at the gym, Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • neighborhood #4 prolly my favorite track off the album. such a beautiful song.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • New single is here:

http://www.neonbible.com/yope.html

Click on 'Black Mirror'

Good stuff...hoping to see them this time around.
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Clearly one of the best albums released in the last six years. I still listen to it often and continue to be blown away by it. Wake Up is definitely my favorite song. Also, after seeing the band live twice, I have actually put them on equal footing with Pearl Jam in terms of best live acts. They are truly unbelievable.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • I really like this album!

Tunnels, Rebellion, Wake Up, Crown Of Love, Laika... good stuff.
    Michael

be strong. be proud. be you.

- life comes from within your heart and desire -
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    This album was a total surprise to me when I picked it up a little over a year ago. I still listen to it quite often. Wake up is definitely my favorite track, but for me there is not a bad tune on the whole thing. It flows great from song to song. Many of the songs have a real epic quality to them, as if they are being performed by a huge group of musicians. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, but that's how it sounds to me.

Kind of strange because while the music sounds very upbeat in most cases, the lyrics are largely dark. Kind of like Wilco's Summerteeth in a way.

Very much looking forward to the new record that's due out very soon now.
    rock chalk
  • I can dig it.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."