david bowie: QUEEN BITCH

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited August 2006 in Other Music
i think it is the coolest and funkiest rock song i've ever heard. i'll put it infront of paint it black, i think it is that brilliant

any fans?
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It is cool. I also enjoyed Green River's cover of it :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    intodeep wrote:
    It is cool. I also enjoyed Green River's cover of it :)
    best thing mark arm ever did. that cover is so cool. I love it so much. "Shes a queen, such a queen such a FUCKER she sucks their brains."
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • This song was used perfectly in the closing credits of "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou".
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    This song was used perfectly in the closing credits of "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou".

you care 100% correct! that is where i first heard the song, and it blew my mind. i got the life aquatic soundtrack since then, and waht a soundtrack aswell!
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    david bowie is the greatest ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Arcade Fire do a wicked cover as well, such a good song
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    kdpjam wrote:
    david bowie is the greatest ;)

I would like to add that Mick Ronson is the greatest! Hunky Dory has always been my favorite Bowie album.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    dirt wrote:
    I would like to add that Mick Ronson is the greatest! Hunky Dory has always been my favorite Bowie album.

oh yeah. it doesn't get any better than mick.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    YYYYYYYYYY
    DAVID BOWIE...~
    YYYYYYYYYY
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"