Tom Waits: Hoist that Rag

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Sick Sick Sick

some of the more entertaining quitar licks i've heard driving this song

"hoist that rag!!!"
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouse wrote:
    Sick Sick Sick

some of the more entertaining quitar licks i've heard driving this song

"hoist that rag!!!"

kick ass tune!

i always think the rhythm in this song is sampled or at least directly ripped off from something but i can never quite put my finger on it... Metallica comes to mind...

still a great tune and album and I met Tom Waits last week!!!!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    and I met Tom Waits last week!!!!!

and???

i've heard the man is quite "intense"

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • LOVE this song.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Tom Waits is incredible.....in my top 3 all time favourite bands/singers......

Probably in a minority but i prefer him to Bob, Bruce and Neil.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    This song rules!
  • Probably in a minority but i prefer him to Bob, Bruce and Neil.....

Me too, man...me too.
  • glasshouse wrote:
    and???

i've heard the man is quite "intense"

he is !! i was super star struck and i stood by him for about half an hour working up the courage to talk to him because ive heard he is notoriously intense and moody but he was actually quite nice, while i was gushing about rain dogs and seeing the black rider, he asked me my name and said its nice to meet you etc.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Me too, man...me too.

Me three.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    HOIST THAT RAG!!!

• The guitar solo is so awesome.
    The guitar solo is so awesome.

"insane" seems more appropriate :D