Beck - The Information

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited February 2007 in Other Music
i got this album a week ago. really like it. nice chilled - out atmosphere in general with a couple of great songs

any views?
favorite songs?
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MansMans Posts: 57
    This is the best album I've got in a long time. I love it!!! The video compolation is the best!!!
    It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.
  • get guero and guerolito and then tell me its the best.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Easily better than Guero. "No Complaints" is my favorite song he's done in a while. I think the album is a few songs too long, the end really starts dragging, but for the most part it is a really good Beck album. Very consistent through the first 12 tracks or so.
  • CM1847 wrote:
    I think the album is a few songs too long, the end really starts dragging, but for the most part it is a really good Beck album. Very consistent through the first 12 tracks or so.

exactly. I wish that motercade, 1000 BPM and the Information were left off this one. Everything else is gold though, and I wish he developed the second part of the last song "landslide" more, cause the hook in it is great.

I think he could have mixed guero and this up a bit....hell yes would be a perfect addition to the information.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    It's almost as good as Guero and defintely better than Guerolito

I think "New Round" is one of the prettiest songs he's ever done
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I don't think Guerolito stands on its own.

Soldier Jane is my favorite song on The Information. I don't like this album as much as Guero, but it is still very good.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • What album is the Beck song from that commercial on? I have no clue what the commercial is for...........I just love the song.........see it during NFL games alot............thanks........
    No one is ever gonna find ya, if you don`t get yourself lost...........
  • Very good album. It gets better and better with every listen.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    meh, i'm not a Beck fan so i don't know why i'm posting this... i got my girlfriend The Information for xmas and we both thought it was weak. she likes Guero alot... Sea Change is awesome too. but it'll always be Mellow Gold for me!
  • I'm so glad Beck continues to make great music. He evolves yet, when you here his music you definetely know it's him. Mixing the dust brothers w/ Godrich = near perfection imo.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Great album, continues to get better with more listens.

Strange Apparition and Dark Star are current favs.

Amazing artist, love all his stuff. What diversity from Mutations to Midnite Vultures to Sea Change.

Great blues artist as well!
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • What album is the Beck song from that commercial on? I have no clue what the commercial is for...........I just love the song.........see it during NFL games alot............thanks........

I always thought that was Beck too. Is it for sure?

I don't see how this album is better than Guero, but alot of people think that. Although Strange Apparition is fucking perfect.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    meh, i'm not a Beck fan so i don't know why i'm posting this... i got my girlfriend The Information for xmas and we both thought it was weak. she likes Guero alot... Sea Change is awesome too. but it'll always be Mellow Gold for me!

I don't know that i've loved or even really liked any beck albums on first listen. It's a grower like all of the others.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    I always thought that was Beck too. Is it for sure?/quote]

I always thought it was...it sounds just like him............I really enjoy the song, whoever it is..................
    No one is ever gonna find ya, if you don`t get yourself lost...........
  • Love it,...

Favorite songs are probably...

Nausea, 1000bpm, The Information.. and others.. some I can't remember the names.. need to break that one back out..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I think it's his weakest album ever...what's with all the praise? Guero was 10X better...
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    yeah i cant really warm to it either - dont know why

his best was "mutations"- all that slide guitar - lovely
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • JWBusher wrote:
    I think it's his weakest album ever...what's with all the praise? Guero was 10X better...
    Mellow Gold was his weakest (still good, but the writing just plain sucks compared to everything he's done since).

I don't think The Information is as good as Guero, Mutations, Sea Change.. well any of them except Mellow Gold.. but it's still a damn fine record.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    IMO Midnight Vultures was his weakest. Even that wasn't a bad album. Beck has never made a bad record.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.