RADIOHEAD live????

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited November 2006 in Other Music
apparently they beat an orgasm made in heaven.

who can confirm/deny this?
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'll confirm it
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'll confirm it

best you've heard?

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    best you've heard?

i'd put springsteen ahead of them just cause i'm more of a fan, and probably my morning jacket, but if i was a huge radiohead fan, then i would say yes.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'd put springsteen ahead of them just cause i'm more of a fan, and probably my morning jacket, but if i was a huge radiohead fan, then i would say yes.

(for interest sake)
    have you heard pj live?

• glasshouse wrote:
    (for interest sake)
    have you heard pj live?

yep
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    the Radiohead show I saw in May of 1998 at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto was the best show I have ever seen live
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    the radiohead show i saw at the hummingbird centre in toronto was awful. part of that's the venue's fault, but i've never seen such a dead audience before. thom was just there, i never really felt his presence, and in fact the whole band looked like they didn't want to be there. it was quite upsetting considering i do like their studio work and i was willing to shell out a large sum of money to see them in a small venue. know what you're getting into before purchasing tix, watch some video bootlegs of them or buy a dvd.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    you havent lived until you experience 'street spirit' at an outdoor venue during a sunset

(vancouver 2001)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • PJ and RH are two totally different live experiences. PJ is all about the energy and such. RH is cool cause you get to see Johnny Greenwood play the keyboard with the head of his guitar or him playing a switch board. RH also have a cool light show.
  • i'm an average fan - they were ok. didn't really blow my mind.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    smarchee wrote:
    the Radiohead show I saw in May of 1998 at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto was the best show I have ever seen live
    I too was at that show :) I had some friends that were also ther complain about the sound but I was on the flr and thought it sounded great. I really enjoyed them live and I am a more casual fan, but they would be in my top 10, not top 5...but a really great live show! (Just not as good as PJ or Neil in my opion)
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I can SO confirm this! I swear, after THAT Coachella performance and seeing them after another band that I LOVE (the Pixies), THOSE two, back-to-back was the MOST religious & orgasmic experience I EVER had at any live show (except for Pearl Jam ;))

And YES, I agree w/Lost_Clay, you NEED to see them before Street Spirit (fade out) outdoors. I think it is the most enchanting experience you can have seeing and experiencing Radiohead live :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Saw them and cried. Karma Police was the happiest song ever... you're just like... "Is this fucking real?" Fuck, dude... can't wait for them to start touring.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    They are fucking amazing, live or not. But live, yeah, its pretty orgasmic... :)

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • I'll add to the confirms....

My top 5 shows:

1. Radiohead (Atlanta '03, best show I've ever seen. Hands down. I needed to change my pants when they were done.)
    2. Sigur Ros (If you're even remotely into their music, they'll BLOW you mind in concert)
    3. Pearl Jam (Been one of my favorite bands since always. Great rock show)
    4. Tool (Visuals + Music = Incredible)
    5. Strokes ("Is this it" tour Birmingham, AL. Really good show. Before I really had heard of them. Great energy.)
  • Confirm. Insane show. They will probably tour again this upcoming summer and it would be a big shame if you missed out again!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Radiohead has the power to one-up Pearl Jam even if only slightly.

it's the truth, and I'm a much bigger Pearl Jam fan than Radiohead (though radiohead would be in my top 5 or 10 definetly).

mindblowing.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Seen them twice as a slightly-more-than-average fan, they're really very good, but not as good as I wanted them to be. Not a let-down, but just a bit lacking in soul.
  • Lost_Clay wrote:
    you havent lived until you experience 'street spirit' at an outdoor venue during a sunset

(vancouver 2001)

Lost Clay speaks the truth. 2003 was also a wicked show.

Confirm. They're in the last half of my top ten favourite bands, but #1 when it comes to the live show. It's another dimension entirely.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    wrapped wrote:
    I'll add to the confirms....

My top 5 shows:

1. Radiohead (Atlanta '03, best show I've ever seen. Hands down. I needed to change my pants when they were done.)
    2. Sigur Ros (If you're even remotely into their music, they'll BLOW you mind in concert)
    3. Pearl Jam (Been one of my favorite bands since always. Great rock show)
    4. Tool (Visuals + Music = Incredible)
    5. Strokes ("Is this it" tour Birmingham, AL. Really good show. Before I really had heard of them. Great energy.)

my gf says sigur ros is the best show she's ever seen. im dying to catch them live... hopefully soon.

radiohead id like to see. i want to hear that 'i might be wrong' album. i just cant picture enjoying them anywhere near pearl jam or the black crowes becos im not too keen on their more recent music.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    mine would be:
    1. tool
    2. radiohead
    3. pj
    4. nin
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • confirmed! seen them twice. unreal both times!!!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    smarchee wrote:

This was before all their crappy techno shit though.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    The show I saw them was at the Paramount in Seattle for OK Computer. Definitely in my top 5 shows ever....

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • saw 'em at the skydome in 2004. It was a make-up show after the black-outs. Anyways, they were better than amazing, and the fact that the kid a/amnesiac material was better live is insane. Also, during Myxomatosis, some kid got hurt, thom stopped the song to see if he was ok, and they jumped right back in to the song, not missing a beat. Anyone who was there will know what I'm talking about.

Top 5 concerts:
    Radiohead @ Skydome 2004
    Pixies @ Plaza of Nations, Vancouver 2005
    Pearl Jam @ GM Place 2005
    Minus the Bear @ Media Club 2005
    Modest Mouse @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre 2005
  • I've seen Radiohead 5 times, all were great. But Liberty State Park NY/NJ (outside venue) was absolutely amazing I think there were 4 encores. But I am a huge Radohead fan.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    its not like they want to make you jump around
  • Seeing them live is what turned me into a fan. Saw them in Houston in 2003. I'd never really listened to them much before, and my friend had a few tickets and one of the people that was supposed to go with him backed out on him so he asked me to go, and it blew me away. Definitely one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
  • Saw them a couple of years back and they almost bored me to death, they are just so dull.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i have bad luck w/ radiohead shows....i've had tickets to 5 shows <including ga at 2 msg shows> and was only able ot make it to 1 show so far on their last tour. had 2 for shows in virginia but the venue flooded out the day of the 1st show, had tix to 2 msg shows but got laid off for the 2nd time in a few months and decided i shouldn't be blowing the rest of my money on getting up and staying in ny...anyway, the show was one of the best i've ever been to. but still i'd have to say the best show i've ever been to was godspeed you black emperor!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way