where's the love for the STOOGES on this board people??????

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited December 2007 in Other Music
the STOOGES

are right up there with
led zep
stones
floyd

iggy is the man.
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's what I'm talkin' about. Never EVER pass up a chance to see The Stooges...their live show will make you an instant fan even if you've never heard any of their songs before.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i wanna be your dog >>> almost everything

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    the participation in this thread borders to blasphomey

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,263
    wich stooge ,moe ,larry or curly yeah they rocked back in the day ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Raw Power is STILL more heavy and raw than anything released since.

What year was it? 71? Thats 36 years!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • glasshouse wrote:
    i wanna be your dog >>> almost everything

I love The Stooges but I noticed on another thread you were talking about 'taking the song to the next level'.
    Have you heard Kim Gordon/Sonic Youth's version of Let Me Be Your Dog? I love that! :)
  • Saw them at 9:30 Club in DC earlier this year.
    Can't believe how much energy Iggy has still after all these years.

Stooges + Much Beer + Go-Go Dancing = GOOD TIMES!

[sidenote: very sad i was too lazy to go out and see Rollins and X play 9:30 a few months before that! ::smacks head::]
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    they are unbelievable!!

saw em in dublin in '04 and at electric picnic this year....awesome!!

though this year nothing from RAW POWER???!!

they playin the ISLE OF WHITE festival next june with the Police and the
    Pistols!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81 wrote:
    they are unbelievable!!

saw em in dublin in '04 and at electric picnic this year....awesome!!

though this year nothing from RAW POWER???!!

they playin the ISLE OF WHITE festival next june with the Police and the
    Pistols!!
    I think we all know who's going to blow everyone out of the water.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Fun House is one of the best albums ever. I've only had it for about two years but it's up there on the list.

I can't even listen to Raw Power with headphones, I feel like I'm gonna be deaf by the song Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell. But I love it too.

I've actually never heard their first album, I should pick that up
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
    Fun House is one of the best albums ever. I've only had it for about two years but it's up there on the list.

I can't even listen to Raw Power with headphones, I feel like I'm gonna be deaf by the song Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell. But I love it too.

I've actually never heard their first album, I should pick that up

it's brilliant. indeed you should.