Pearl Jam Reusable Shopping Bag

GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Being the environmentally friendly band that Pearl Jam is, they should start selling a couple of different PJ themed canvas reusable shopping bags. I own a couple from the local Stop & Shop, but would love to look like a badass environmentalist carrying around a Pearl Jam bag, instead of sporting the green, brand whoring bag that they sell in most stores. I have a feeling they could sell a decent amount of those things here. For starters, it seems that a lot of their fans share their view on the environment and would be more than happy to carry around a stylish PJ bag, while also eliminating the use of plastic bags. Some people on here just buy whatever they sell and that's fine too.

Just imagine walking into your local supermarket with a black PJ bag that had something like an Ames Bros. poster design on the bag. Sick, that's all I can say.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but if anyone else thinks this would be a great idea, by all means show your support in this thread.

(If you are one of those people who STILL don't believe in global warming, please voice your opinions elsewhere. This thread is not intended for debate.)
All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I actually bought one off ebay that I use. If 10c sold them I'd buy some for sure. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i love cloth shopping bags!
    if i don't have any with me, i always just go without a bag if possible.

i think this is a good idea... but if it doesnt happen, i'm sure you could make your own. or maybe the wishlist foundation could sell them or something... i think that'd be a neat idea for them...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I like it... and my names not Mikey.

I enjoy the Ten Club and I like buying merchandise, but maybe this could involve a charity somehow. Like part of the proceeds from each purchased bag goes somewhere...

I often find myself telling the cashier to not give me a bag. I don't need a bag for every blasted item I buy! Also, some things are bags themselves. Like toilet paper... Do you really need that in a bag? I mean it's not a secret that we all dump...
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    I think almost all proceeds should go to some charity or foundation that is dedicated to preserving our planet.
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• This is a great idea. I have a really cool Wilco bag that I use for shopping. Originally it came with a vinyl record I bought. I think Pearl Jam should definitely do this. They only cost about $2 to make, if that. Sell them for $10....and that's a TON of profit to give to charity...PLUS, if people actually use them, think of all the waste that will save! And don't make them limited....make a shit-ton of them so that everyone buys a couple....none of this limited edition crap.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    This is a great idea. I have a really cool Wilco bag that I use for shopping. Originally it came with a vinyl record I bought. I think Pearl Jam should definitely do this. They only cost about $2 to make, if that. Sell them for $10....and that's a TON of profit to give to charity...PLUS, if people actually use them, think of all the waste that will save! And don't make them limited....make a shit-ton of them so that everyone buys a couple....none of this limited edition crap.

Absolutely. I agree with making a shit-ton! Ha, ha. I just had to laugh at shit-ton.

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I'd buy one ..... nice idea
  • I would be all over this idea. I have a ton from our local grocery store, and even bought one from Pier 1 a few weeks ago to use in lieu of a shopping bag.

If I ever forget to bring mine when I grocery shop, I just use paper bags, since they get recycled with the newspapers they contain when they get picked up weekly.

Count me in on this one. They could offer, say, 4 different colors w/2 different designs. I'd buy 2, at least!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
    this reminds me of a customer i had last week that demanded i give her 2 bags instead of one, and when i fit the 2 things nicely in these small bags we had (i mean, they fit perfectly.) she looked at me as if i offended her and demanded i give her bigger ones! then made some sorry excuse that she was giving them to 2 different people - BECAUSE APPEARANTLY THE BAGS MUST BE OF A CERTAIN SIZE TO HAND TO ANOTHER PERSON?

i nearly lost it... i almost told her off but restrained myself...
    didn't even bid her good day.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I would get some PJ reusable shopping bags if there were some to buy.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Great idea, we should start a petition, get some sigs and submit it to 10c.

Great thinking!
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • I'd gladly use a reusable shopping bag or two for the smaller shopping trips. I'd still take the plastic bags on the bigger trips because they are just the right size for my bathroom garbage cans. Plus, they'd probably kill me when I ran into the store with, literally, 58 reusable bags.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    This is a great idea. I have a really cool Wilco bag that I use for shopping. Originally it came with a vinyl record I bought. I think Pearl Jam should definitely do this. They only cost about $2 to make, if that. Sell them for $10....and that's a TON of profit to give to charity...PLUS, if people actually use them, think of all the waste that will save! And don't make them limited....make a shit-ton of them so that everyone buys a couple....none of this limited edition crap.

We got a Wilco canvas bag at their show last summer in Atlanta.

It cost $5, if memory serves, and has been very handy.

Pearl Jam could learn a few things from Wilco's merchandise line, in my opinion.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • GhostBoy wrote:
    Being the environmentally friendly band that Pearl Jam is, they should start selling a couple of different PJ themed canvas reusable shopping bags. I own a couple from the local Stop & Shop, but would love to look like a badass environmentalist carrying around a Pearl Jam bag, instead of sporting the green, brand whoring bag that they sell in most stores. I have a feeling they could sell a decent amount of those things here. For starters, it seems that a lot of their fans share their view on the environment and would be more than happy to carry around a stylish PJ bag, while also eliminating the use of plastic bags. Some people on here just buy whatever they sell and that's fine too.

Just imagine walking into your local supermarket with a black PJ bag that had something like an Ames Bros. poster design on the bag. Sick, that's all I can say.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but if anyone else thinks this would be a great idea, by all means show your support in this thread.

(If you are one of those people who STILL don't believe in global warming, please voice your opinions elsewhere. This thread is not intended for debate.)

That would be an excellent idea. Uncle Neil was offering the standard canvas bag on his recent tour along with a hemp version of a messenger bag as was Matthew Good on his recent tour.

Again, a great proposal.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    i love cloth shopping bags!
    if i don't have any with me, i always just go without a bag if possible.

i think this is a good idea... but if it doesnt happen, i'm sure you could make your own. or maybe the wishlist foundation could sell them or something... i think that'd be a neat idea for them...

Definitely a great idea! We were kicking around something similar (messenger bag, etc.) but we're so behind with everything it kind of fell to the wayside for the moment :o Thanks for keeping Wishlist in mind.. keep the awesome ideas coming :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Definitely a great idea! We were kicking around something similar (messenger bag, etc.) but we're so behind with everything it kind of fell to the wayside for the moment :o Thanks for keeping Wishlist in mind.. keep the awesome ideas coming :)
    glad to hear you're cooking up more great ideas, keep up the good work :)
    be sure to let us know if it happens! i'll buy some for sure!
  • I love this idea. I would definitely buy some to use for my groceries.

Somewhat along this line I would love to have a Pearl Jam insulated lunch bag. I'm sure there are many of us that take our lunch to work and wouldn't mind a nice reusable PJ lunch bag.
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-