SIAMESE DREAM the greatest *!~GUITAR~!* driven record of the 90's????

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited December 2007 in Other Music
i think it very well may just be
(this coming from a mellow smashing pumpkins fan)
cherub rock sets the tone to one of the most overwhelmingly creative and powerful guitar storm albums conceived to date
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouse wrote:
    i think it very well may just be
    (this coming from a mellow smashing pumpkins fan)
    cherub rock sets the tone to one of the most overwhelmingly creative and powerful guitar storm albums conceived to date

I would think so but I'm sure there's other guitar players out there that will say otherwise.

I think Billy Corgan's such an underrated guitarist.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    I would think so but I'm sure there's other guitar players out there that will say otherwise.

the collective sound of their guitars on that album is fucking something else
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Siamese Dream is a great record, although I actually prefer the guitar sound on Gish. I would say either of those records easily would make top 10 guitar records of the 90's. For number one, though, I think I'd have to go with Ritual De Lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction. Three Days seals the deal for me all by itself.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    SD owns!
  • It's pretty good.
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    Siamese Dream is a great record, although I actually prefer the guitar sound on Gish. I would say either of those records easily would make top 10 guitar records of the 90's. For number one, though, I think I'd have to go with Ritual De Lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction. Three Days seals the deal for me all by itself.

Gish was the 80's
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • The layering of guitar tracks on Siamese is awesome.

Personal favorites are Mayonaisse and Hummer
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Gish was the 80's

prettt sure it was '91
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb