wilco: kicking television

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited July 2007 in Other Music
i must admit i'm duly impressed
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Wilco at their apex right there.
  • BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    Just starting to get into them.

Saw them play last week...was blown away.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    A great collection of live material from a great live band.

Wilco are aces right now.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    never thought i'd dig this kind of country rock sound, but these guys pull it of without breaking a sweat. tremendous live album
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    glasshouse wrote:
    never thought i'd dig this kind of country rock sound, but these guys pull it of without breaking a sweat. tremendous live album
    They are a great live band. Plus Nels Cline plays on this album and his guitar work should not be underestimated. He is great and adds a diminsion to the band they did not have before.

Ashes of American Flags is a song i did not care for much, but i love listening to the kicking television version and hearing Nels rip it up.

oh and they have strayed quite a bit from their first two albums alt country sound. Summerteeth, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, & A Ghost is Born really don't sound all too alt country. Their latest i would not say is alt country either but it harkens back to that sound more then the others.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    This is the album that made me a fan. I was blown away.

I haven't had the chance to see them in person yet, but if there's one band I want to see it's Wilco.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I've just recently began to explore this band, starting with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. So far I have been very impressed with Tweedy and Co.
  • marino13marino13 Posts: 31
    Nels Cline does add another dimension to this band. I've downloaded some of their live stuff from Sky Blue Sky and I watched the Bonnaroo webcast. These guys are at the top of their game right now. I'm absolutely loving "Handshake Drugs" right now. The wall of noise at the end gives me goosebumps. I saw them in Chicago on the AGIB tour and would love to see them again.