the N$O*I@S^E! rock thread

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited July 2007 in Other Music
ok, so NOISE rock is the bullocks, given you listen to the appropriate bands.

the velvet underground
the stooges
sonic youth
(maybe even) nirvana

all like to bombard your speakers/headphones with a fair share of static.
done correctly (see bands above) this rock genre equates to one of my favorites and most interesting.

i'd say tv on the radio also border to this category. all brilliant bands blatantly fuzzzsssssing the fuck out
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    glasshouse wrote:
    ok, so NOISE rock is the bullocks, given you listen to the appropriate bands.

the velvet underground
    the stooges
    sonic youth
    (maybe even) nirvana

all like to bombard your speakers/headphones with a fair share of static.
    done correctly (see bands above) this rock genre equates to one of my favorites and most interesting.

i'd say tv on the radio also border to this category. all brilliant bands blatantly fuzzzsssssing the fuck out

Mudhoney
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yip

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    built to spill
    broken social scene

doesnt get any better than those two.

also, maybe yo la tengo?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yip all of those as well. see? pretty nifty genre