the newest and shiniest LED ZEPPELIN power thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited August 2007 in Other Music
ok, so it's been done before, but i feel it's about high time we ramble on

in all honsety maybe the greatest act to ever set foot in the rock arena

rock n' roll
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they were ok.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    correct, if ok = mushroomcloudmotherfuckers

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    livinglovingmaid

BRING IT ON HOME

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Did you get to see Page/ Plant live??

I saw them twice. The unledded and when they had a 4 piece.
    Class!!

Only weird bit was Page dribbling on his $40,000 les paul.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    they were a bit ahead of my time so to speak, but i have their double disk DVD - the one with the Royal Albert Hall performance on disk1. most probably the tightest live act i've ever seen. tight in terms of delivery + technical ability + presence.

just absolutely blows me away every time. that special clip (Denmark Radio) featuring communication breakdown is single handedly the coolest thing i've ever seen in music.

• i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Two words: The Rover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two words: The Rover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah,

communication breakdown

How about Achilles Last Stand?
    you^^^ know where it's at brother

glasshouse wrote:
    you^^^ know where it's at brother
    Sister:D
    my bad little lady

• DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    The greatest rock band to ever grace this Earth....Period

The first time I heard No Quarter, I was a teen in the midst of hair metal being shoved down my throat by MTV. My brother was playing No Quarter, and all day, I was humming that riff.

Often duplicated, never matched.....DA MIGHTY ZEP!
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    i notice an enormous amount of love for houses of the holy. sure, it is stunning in its scope, but for me:

led zep1 > untitiled > led zep3 > led zep2 > houses

must be said that i'll give house 10/10, so not much room for debate

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    We must be on the same wavelength. I once started a Zep thread too.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    we are joint at the hip brother

• ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    glasshouse wrote:
    i notice an enormous amount of love for houses of the holy. sure, it is stunning in its scope, but for me:

led zep1 > untitiled > led zep3 > led zep2 > houses

must be said that i'll give house 10/10, so not much room for debate

i cant even start to rate those albums. as peter griffin says "it's like trying to choose between cameron diaz and kirsten dunst in a hot body messed up face contest, it just cant be done." they are all great in their own way. historically i would have to say untitled is the best, but my personal preference would be 1 or 2 and that would depend on what kind of mood i was in at the moment.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
    yes, led zep are cool like that ^^^

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    How about Achilles Last Stand?
    We have a winner
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    god bless whoever started this thread. There can never be enough Led Zep threads!

Kudos to Achilles Last Stand, but how about the flip-side of that.

The Rain Song.

The greatest piece of orchestration ever in rock music? Discuss!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    i like, differ to most of their stuff. beautiful melody and yes - great orchestral strumming and whatnot but i prefer "balls to the wall" led zep
    i.e.

communication breakdown
    heartbreaker
    achilles last stand
    when the levee breaks
    gallows pole
    rock n' roll
    black dog
    etc.

this is a never ending list btw

• FIRST THERE WAS ZEP...and then there was pearl jam and thats how they rank in the order of the best of all time.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    i can work with that ^^^^. easily

Can't go past Nobody's Fault But Mine. Well I can't anyway!

yes, that song is boner inducing material right there

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279

My favourite riff of all time, coupled with probably my favourite guitar solo of all time, coupled with my favourite harmonica solo of all time. Says it all really :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Ten Years Gone!!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    hats off to (roy) harper

"i aint no monkey"

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    my love for Lez zeppelin it´s quite strange because at first time i heard them i didn´t like them much... then, i started listening all their ´famous and underated´ songs and now they´re my fav rock band EVER...
    Oh, yay! This thread is back at the top. Where it should be!:) That's the way it should be like a leaf is to a tree so fine!