Black Sabbath

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Man, I'm pleasently suprised by how much I like their music.
good stuff, hardcore in a good old school way.

Awesome guitar - heavy riffing/bridging
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    i'll say it again

Black Sabbath 1970-79 is some of the best music ever created.. all brilliant muscians and just sounds so dam cool.. like you say the riffs and jamming and everything.
  • corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    glasshouse wrote:
    Man, I'm pleasently suprised by how much I like their music.
    good stuff, hardcore in a good old school way.

+1

I'm always going back to this.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I just recently got into Sabbath - very recently, as in the last 2 weeks or so. I'm also pleasantly surprised. I think I was expecting something kind of like AC/DC, in the sense that I expected every song to sound the same. Imagine my surprise when I hear harmonica on the 2nd track of the debut! I'm really liking most of what I hear on the albums I have. I think that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is probably my favorite.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    wcsmith wrote:
    I just recently got into Sabbath - very recently, as in the last 2 weeks or so. I'm also pleasantly surprised. I think I was expecting something kind of like AC/DC, in the sense that I expected every song to sound the same. Imagine my surprise when I hear harmonica on the 2nd track of the debut! I'm really liking most of what I hear on the albums I have. I think that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is probably my favorite.

totally fucking love sabbath bloody sabbath and paranoid is great. But really anything from 1970-79 is fucking great.
  • glasshouse wrote:

agreed. the music is good, i cant stand ozzy's voice though.
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Geezer is one of my bass idols!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    over the past 10 years i've really grown to hate Ozzy (his solo work), but my girlfriend's mother was getting rid of all this vinyl and i snagged Master Of Reality, Volume 4 and Paranoid. i've been a Sabbath fan for years but my dislike of Ozzy really soured my taste for Sabbath...that is until i put those LPs on again! shit, i saw Sabbath w/ Pantera opening back in 1999.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Love those early albums. Iommi is a master of riffs. Into The Void alone has so many killer riffs in it.
  • Faries wear boots and ya gotta believe it....

Best time of rockin in my 72 Olds Cutlass (piece of shit, but the stereo was worth more than the car). Thanks for bringing back some good memories!
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.