tv on the radio: if you haven't given them some time it is high time you do

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited October 2007 in Other Music
return to cookie mountain is all business and no pussy farts. discuss
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good album, although some of it is way too out there for me. 'dirtywhirl' and 'a method' are my two favorite tracks.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    blues from down here was the best song of 2006. maybe by a country mile

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • which album is the one that has Young Liars on it?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    glasshouse wrote:

Have to say Playhouses is loads better.:)
    And Desperate Youth is a better album.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Have to say Playhouses is loads better.:)
    And Desperate Youth is a better album.

i love playhouses, but

let us agree to disagree

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    which album is the one that has Young Liars on it?

not desperate youth ...

and im disagreeing with you too glasshouse. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    not desperate youth ...

and im disagreeing with you too glasshouse. :)

i'm ok with it though. go spin blues from down here. you'll probably agree with me faster than you'll be able to confirm it :p

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    no no, it was a toss-up between Wolf Like Me and Dirty Whirl
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    no no, it was a toss-up between Wolf Like Me and Dirty Whirl

ERROR

go spin that disk and listen to blues from down here. it is by far the superior song on that spin. trust me brother. i know shit.

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    ERROR

go spin that disk and listen to blues from down here. it is by far the superior song on that spin. trust me brother. i know shit.
    agree to disagree :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    which album is the one that has Young Liars on it?

the young liars ep ;)

i just bought it yesterday. i havent listened to these guys in a while... id forgotten how mind-bendingly good they are. these 5 songs alone are better than most bands will produce in a whole career.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    wolf like me rocks my pants. hard.

took a while for the album to grow on me but when it clicks it's fucking amazing! burn one down & turn this up loud!! :D

love staring at the sun from the 1st album too :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Wolf Like Me makes me bang wall on my head, which is very hard to do; while I mostly bang my head against the wall.
    ??!
    fuck this album is really really really brilliant.
    i've never heard anything closely resembling their sound