Interpol

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2008 in Other Music
i love them more than i love the act of smearing cheesecake on strippers.

now thats saying something!!

due a new album i reckons :)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The lead singer looks like a sixteen year old kid who's just been caught by his mum having a ham shandy, but doesn't care and carries on anyway. Don't you think? :D

Not a fan of this lot, matey. I didn't even like Joy Division on the telly, when I was a kid.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    The lead singer looks like a sixteen year old kid who's just been caught by his mum having a ham shandy, but doesn't care and carries on anyway. Don't you think? :D

Not a fan of this lot, matey. I didn't even like Joy Division on the telly, when I was a kid.

excellent description. :D

but the bassist.. oh he looks amazing, magical. at least he did in Dusseldorf when they were opening for PJ. :o

can't remember much of the songs though. just that I liked some very much and some of them were a bit meh.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    The lead singer looks like a sixteen year old kid who's just been caught by his mum having a ham shandy, but doesn't care and carries on anyway. Don't you think? :D

I think sometimes he resembles a young Ewan McGregor.

http://galleries.lycos.co.uk/d/16420-2/ewan-mcgregor.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/75976445.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7D3533107A2310CF5E284831B75F48EF45
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    awesome band, they have recently turned into one of my favorite bands. I saw them in concert when they came down to houston and they rocked, one of the best shows i've ever been to. and i agree, Carlos D. is the shiznit.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    First album is excellent, 2nd is good, 3rd isnt that good. Just my opinion.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    They're alright but my god do they suck live.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    stu gee wrote:
    I am intodeep and i approve this message :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    stu gee wrote:

Thats how I see them also...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    release30 wrote:
    Thats how I see them also...

ditto..first album was a gem
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,867
    good band on record
    walked out on them live though
    a bit too much brooding for my tastes
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    One of my All-Time Top 10 Favourite Bands ... enough said!

By the way the comparisons with Joy Division are really cheap shit! I mean both bands have nothing in common soundwise it's just that their singers both have/had baritone voices but that's about it. It's like those dumb comparisons you had at the time when Creed came up and they compared them with that band from Seattle, can't quite remember their name ... whatever Interpol are a f###ing awesome band especially since they've cleaned up their act! I LOVE THEM!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    The first song on the first album, Untitled i think its called, is amazing. Love the intro and then the way the drums kick in, brilliant up loud!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.