Arcade Fire tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i cannot wait... its me first time seeing them.

i'm more excited than an american at an all-you-can-eat buffet!!!
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Holy crap man I'm so jealous.

There you go I've said it, I'm jealous of Dunkman.

What the fuck else do you want, a medal?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Where???
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Where???

Glasgow. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Holy crap man I'm so jealous.

There you go I've said it, I'm jealous of Dunkman.

What the fuck else do you want, a medal?

they are playing London next week or so i think amigo... get going!!!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Alas, not my neck of the woods :(
    Have fun....full report and setlist tomorrow....:)

Ok, Monday...as it's the weekend...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • dunkman wrote:
    they are playing London next week or so i think amigo... get going!!!

I've got no money!! You reckon they'd still have tickets? I've been thinking it would be all kinds of sold out by now.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

I've got no money!! You reckon they'd still have tickets? I've been thinking it would be all kinds of sold out by now.

dunno amigo... London sold-out fast.. but they might have disabled ones left? its worth a phone-call?

UHippie: i'll post a full review but i'm sure it'll be awesomeness encapsulated :)
  • dunkman wrote:
    dunno amigo... London sold-out fast.. but they might have disabled ones left? its worth a phone-call?

Ah yes, disabled tickets. I forget! There are perks to this!

Ah yes, disabled tickets. I forget! There are perks to this!

i just pictured a wee ticket sitting on a wee wheelchair... :o

as for money dude.. c'mon... its Arcade Fire!!! you'll be 53 one day and you'll look back and say "i wish i spent that £30 on Arcade Fire... i also wish i was Dunkman, man that guy was awesome and kinda cute also"
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Got an extra ticket? I would love to see them.
    Cock Fight.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i just pictured a wee ticket sitting on a wee wheelchair... :o

as for money dude.. c'mon... its Arcade Fire!!! you'll be 53 one day and you'll look back and say "i wish i spent that £30 on Arcade Fire... i also wish i was Dunkman, man that guy was awesome and kinda cute also"

LOL

tru dat, I can't waste my life away! I'll get right on it.

Btw here's hoping Neon Bible stuff grows on you.

Btw here's hoping Neon Bible stuff grows on you.

oh it has, but its still not as good as Funeral.. but then thats probably one of the best 5 albums of all time for me.

i;ve been on arcadefires fansite and seen the setlists for Dublin and the look pretty amazing... great finishing songs!!

also, i think they do some pretty cool t-shirts and other merch!!!
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Enjoy! Best live band on the planet. I saw them three times this year. Every time, pure bliss.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • dunkman wrote:
    oh it has, but its still not as good as Funeral.. but then thats probably one of the best 5 albums of all time for me.

i;ve been on arcadefires fansite and seen the setlists for Dublin and the look pretty amazing... great finishing songs!!

also, i think they do some pretty cool t-shirts and other merch!!!

I reeeeaally need a T shirt (he says in his best teenage fangirl's squeeky voice)

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Enjoy Dunk!!! jealous too :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Enjoy !
    I'm seeing them next Friday here in Brussels...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    have fun, they put on great shows
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Met 3 people i knew from school getting off the train after they had seen them, said it was great. Didnt even know they were on tonight as much as i love them, i was in the pub just round the corner.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    dunkman wrote:
    i cannot wait... its me first time seeing them.

i'm more excited than an american at an all-you-can-eat buffet!!!
    haha :D

finally gonna get to see them at big day out in january!! Yusssssssss
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    hi Dunk,

How was the show yesterday ?
    Was there an opening act ?
  • seen them in manchester saturday night,won over now,really enjoyed them,not seen so many people on stage since iggy pop invited the donington crowd to get up,ha ha ha,HEY the girl is playing the drums now,where is the drummer? is that him on guitar?HEY she is on the organ,who is singing now? fantastic the amount of money raised for charity.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm buzzing, I'll be seeing them tommorow night in Newcastle, our seats are just to the right of the stage, should be a spectacle and a half.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Hey there Dunk, how was the show? Really looking forward to tonight.:)
    How were Clinic the support act?
    Hey there Dunk, how was the show? Really looking forward to tonight.:)
    How were Clinic the support act?

hey there troops.. well the show was sublime, they got the sound sorted halfway into first song as i couldnt hear Win singing at first...

my only real complaint and i've been spoiled by other bands obviously, is that its a short setlist... they came on at 9ish and were gone by 10.30pm.... they did a 2 song encore!!! PJ's encores are longer than that whole set :D

tell you what though... great crowd.. none of those 'i'm only here to look cool' fuckers that can be at gigs.. i loathe them... but i stood next to a bunch of guys aged between 45-55 and they were all grey haired and shit but they were boppin along no pobs... next to me were these 3 couples who were only there to snog by the looks of it.. i took my chances and got a couple of gropes in though... ;)

setlist was fucking awesome as it contained all me favourites... i like the more upbeat tunes... the arcade fires drum sound is a treat on its own... its so shamanistic.. it takes control of you and just makes you bop along to it unknowingly... i caught myself a few times doing this side to front rocking motion and i realised it was in time to the beat.. i had no idea i was doing it!!

anyway, i'd have loved to have seen them a year or so ago in much more intimate venue, but as a live band goes they are one of the best... alongside PJ in my opinion... the stage is set up so well... about 9 people on it and they have these neon lights everywhere... but i was impressed with the setting up concept... they have six neon microphone stands lined up at the front of the stage and it just resembles a wall... its like a musical legion.. it creates a a great visual... so yes, i'd recommend anyone see them, captivating band just to watch... and their music has reached me deeper now. i spent all Sunday night playing Intervention on my guitar :rolleyes:

EDIT: i didnt see any of the support bands.. i only arrived in Glasgow at 8.45pm... band came on just after 9ish.. not good driving weather.. 30mph on the motorway says it all

setlist
    black mirror
    keep the car running
    laika
    no cars go
    haiti
    my body is a cage
    kiss off
    ocean of noise
    tunnels
    the well and the lighthouse
    headlights
    antichrist television blues
    power out
    rebellion
    encore:
    intervention
    wake up
  • Fantastic set, glad you had an awesome time.

It's missing Antichrist TV Blues imo, but a great set none the less.

EDIT: Nope, misread it. ATVB is there! That's how tired I am.

Great set.

can't wait to see them... this Friday !!
    Thanks for the review Dunk.:)
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    I saw them in Manchester on Saturday. It’s the third time I have seen them this year and they get better each time. I don’t think there is a better song than Wake Up to finish a concert on.
    Only disappointment I had was not getting a blue hoodie, they had sold out at the end of the gig, I’ll just have to do with the black one I got.
    Also I’ll will post some pictures soon.
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
    Fucking awesome show, really enjoyed it.
    The support acts were good Wildlight were a nice mellow sounding indie band loved the song Fuck California, one of them fell head first of the stage during the first song, he sang the majority of the songs but there was three in all singing, someone must have stopped him from banging his head as he seemed fine.
    Clinic were really good too.

Then The Arcade Fire, well they just fucking blew me away, absolutely awesome, the energy, the way they change up and play different instruments from song to song, the intensity of the performances, absolutely brilliant, I think my girlfriend left a much bigger fan than she was as well.:)

Setlist

Antichrist Television Blues
    Black Mirror
    Haiti
    In The Backseat
    Cold Wind
    Intervention
    Keep The Car Running
    No Cars Go
    Ocean Of Noise
    Tunnels
    Still Ill(Smiths Cover)
    Old Flame
    Power Out
    Rebellion/Lies

encore

The Well and the Lighthouse
    Wake Up

When No Cars Go started my eyes watered up(as I've mentioned before the original version of this song was what hooked me) absolutely awesome moment never had that happen before at a concert, that song has a lot of meaning for me the lyrics and the music.:eek:
    And wow! Just how many instruments can one woman play in a night?:D
    Thansk for the review !
    Wow, arcade fire seems to be an awesome band live.. I've nver heard someone having a negative thing to say...