The National - Boxer

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited January 2008 in Other Music
by fuck this is good!!!!

byrnzie? i can hook you up.. you'd love it :)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I love this album. Highlights for me are Fake Empire, Mistaken For Strangers, Slow Show, Apartment Story, and Gospel
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The whole thing just has a magical feel. They reallly hit the spot with the album & they are even better live!

To think i saw them open for arcade fire last year. :D

What a show!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    intodeep wrote:
    The whole thing just has a magical feel. They reallly hit the spot with the album & they are even better live!

To think i saw them open for arcade fire last year. :D

What a show!
    Ditto on all of that.

Saw them open for Arcade Fire to a mostly uninterested crowd, but it was a really good performance and enough to get me interested in them. Since I've picked up Alligator(very good) and Boxer(one of my favorite albums to be released in the last few years). I then saw them headlining to a sold out crowd which was fantastic.

Great band all-around, one of the top bands out right now IMO.

The only weak spot on Boxer IMO is "Squalar Victoria" which is strange because it's the only song with a memorable hook, and I'm usually a sucker for good hooks. The drumming is fantastic and I have to blast the album whenever I hear it, even if there is no screaming.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    glad to see some folks are enjoying it as much as me :)