Roger Daltry stops The Who webcasts

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited July 2006 in Other Music
miserable fucker :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5223402.stm

The Who have abandoned a series of live webcasts from their world tour because of a disagreement between band members Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.
Guitarist Townshend said Daltrey was not sure how "the web has any real contribution to make to our career" - but he insisted they were not "at war".

He added that he could not afford to "spend any more time or money mortgaging my half of the stage".
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    miserable fucker :(

Poo for him :(
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The internet is just a fad. Roger's 1/2 of the stage is much more important.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • leatherman_8leatherman_8 Posts: 107
    weren't 100% of the proceeds from this going to charity? What a cocksucker.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I would hope he has a valid reason for this but it still sucks
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    yeah roger don't be a pumpus ass i can't bring my self to spend the money to see daltrey&townsend i've seen to many who shows to go and see this version of the great who band from the past maybe townsend solo i could see............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 781
    weren't 100% of the proceeds from this going to charity? What a cocksucker.

I think the free content, is what Roger wants removed, and not the Pay side which goes to charity. At least that's the way I read it on Pete's website, which is a much better source for factual info than the the articles journalists piece together from bits taken from Pete's website.

q