I went to see Muse last night...

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited November 2006 in Other Music
and my ears fucking hurt... damn fucking loud they were :)

brilliant brilliant band live... not big on the talking though!!! i think we got 2 hello's and a "see ya" at the end!!

but the songs are fantastic live... and they have a great lighting set-up

I'd go see them again no problems... although not this tour as they dont fuck about with the setlist like the PJ do... but then not many bands do!!

my ears actually do hurt, and i wasnt standing that close at all... :(
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I really feel for you, my ears would hurt if I had to endure that shite for an entire concert :D
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I saw them a couple weeks ago. I thought they sound amazing live. They didn't break into any of the jams that they did on the Absolution tour, but it was a great show. Knights of Cydonia was a great closer.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Muse rivals Pearl Jam live...no shit. They are awesome. I'm jealous.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I really feel for you, my ears would hurt if I had to endure that shite for an entire concert :D

har de har har :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • har de har har :D

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a joke ;)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice and i agree with you they are a great live band. I really dig their shows.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Im going on Friday - can't wait.
    They are a feckin' great band. Best British band around for my money - certainly best British band with any sort of commercial success.
    Hundred Reasons a close second. To be fair I havent given this one too much thought so will probably get shot down. I'll live through it though.

Who supported? - The Noisettes were one support I read about - never heard any of their music. Sh#te band name so couldnt be bothered checking out further! I read somewhere there would be another support but dont know if thats true.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lucky Dunk... I missed out on tickets. Would LOVE to see them live! :D
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    seein them on the 21st... i have a fear my mate is going bring his girlfriend :(
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I wanna see em too, so i do! A mate of mine has seen them 3,791 times, or something, and they're definately on my menu of things to do/see. (I saw them on Jools Holland the other night and thought they were fucking awesome).
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Roll on next Tuesday......... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I love them, I haven't picked up the new album yet, but I've seen them several times and they were mind blowing.

Amazing talents great great sound and a cool light show to boot.

One of my favorite bands to see.

That and if you're a gearhead.......it goes without saying.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I love them, I haven't picked up the new album yet, but I've seen them several times and they were mind blowing.

Amazing talents great great sound and a cool light show to boot.

One of my favorite bands to see.

That and if you're a gearhead.......it goes without saying.

Get the new album, you're in for a real treat :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • I was at Reading this year and left the Raconteurs three songs in to catch a little of Muse. I remember thinking at the time "Are you sure you want to do this?"

What a good decision. They were mind blowing and I would not even call myself a fan. The scale of their stage show was just unbelievable and the noise they made.....WOW. So glad I decided to take the wander over.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...