Options

RADIOHEAD playing a FREE gig in London tonight!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited January 2008 in Other Music
http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

So, we've got a small gig tonight.

It's in London at the Rough Trade East shop on Brick Lane, and we're planning to play a short set of in rainbows material. It's very limited free entry, first come first served. Also, as it might be a little uncomfortable for anyone queuing early, they're planning a numbering system so people at the front of any queue can get snacks and toilet breaks in the store. Good bagels round there. But dress warm...doors won't open until 7, and we'll play at about 8.

For those who can't get in - and it's pretty small in there - we'll have some screens and speakers outside, if we're allowed. I think we are. And we'll also webcast it. I'll put the link up here, as well as any other info, later today.

Hope you can make it - should be....interesting. Us being us, we're taking far too many instruments....
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    dunkman wrote:
    http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

So, we've got a small gig tonight.

It's in London at the Rough Trade East shop on Brick Lane, and we're planning to play a short set of in rainbows material. It's very limited free entry, first come first served. Also, as it might be a little uncomfortable for anyone queuing early, they're planning a numbering system so people at the front of any queue can get snacks and toilet breaks in the store. Good bagels round there. But dress warm...doors won't open until 7, and we'll play at about 8.

For those who can't get in - and it's pretty small in there - we'll have some screens and speakers outside, if we're allowed. I think we are. And we'll also webcast it. I'll put the link up here, as well as any other info, later today.

Hope you can make it - should be....interesting. Us being us, we're taking far too many instruments....

Sweet!

Too bad I'm nowhere near there right now, might try and catch the webcast though.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    yeah i'm miles away... but i'll watch the webcast for sure :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    rvprvp Posts: 779
    que culo!
    fuera de este mundo
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :eek: wouldn't be able to get there 'til 6ish though :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I wouldn't pay to see Radiohead...but I might go and see them for free...IF I lived in London.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    wow !
    people will fight to enter
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    wow !
    people will fight to enter

there's no need as its a numbered tickets :)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dam - another reason to live in London
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dunkman wrote:
    there's no need as its a numbered tickets :)
    ok... i didn't read the ntire article and didn't really paid attention. All I saw is taht's is free and a samll gig. So, many people for few places... :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Why don't more bands do this?

Doh webcast will be on 3pm EST in teh states i'll be at work :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    That shop is 25min walk from where I am at this precise moment...

Debating it. For all I know there'll be no chance... although I could atleast stand outside and listen in...?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

Debating it. For all I know there'll be no chance... although I could atleast stand outside and listen in...?

If you are not doing anything with the rest of your day i would go if i were you.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398

I think some one mentioned it holds about 150

but you can still view from outside if you go now
  • Options
    :mad: I didn't head down as was no way I would get in as couldn't head down 'til after work and now they've moved it to a bigger venue :( .... arggghhh so mad at myself for not just going anyway ...
  • Options
    there is a webcast starting at 9pm though folks!!! :):)
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    dunkman wrote:
    there is a webcast starting at 9pm though folks!!! :):)
    Link?? :D:D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Link?? :D:D

lazy bugger ;)

http://www.radiohead.tv/

doors open at 9pm so band will be on a bit later obviously!!!!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    dunkman wrote:
    lazy bugger ;)

http://www.radiohead.tv/

doors open at 9pm so band will be on a bit later obviously!!!!
    Awwww! Thanks hun ;):D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    That's so cool.

Are they planning to sell anything this year?? :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Is everyone getting a black screen so far?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Yeah but doors were 21.00 so wouldn't expect anything 'till 22.00 :o
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    :mad: I didn't head down as was no way I would get in as couldn't head down 'til after work and now they've moved it to a bigger venue :( .... arggghhh so mad at myself for not just going anyway ...

ya daftie ;)

you watching it as well then? well if it comes on?

i love how Radiohead embrace the digital culture.. it reminds me of the House Of Blues webcast where Ed explains he cant work a computer.... it makes him look like an old man when he does that stuff.
  • Options
    rvprvp Posts: 779
    meme wrote:
    Is everyone getting a black screen so far?
    still?
    fuera de este mundo
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ya daftie ;)

you watching it as well then? well if it comes on?

i love how Radiohead embrace the digital culture.. it reminds me of the House Of Blues webcast where Ed explains he cant work a computer.... it makes him look like an old man when he does that stuff.

I know :o

OooooOOO we get to watch everyone getting let in :o
  • Options
    its on now :):)

well set-up is on... band on soon.
  • Options
    nevermind, dunk said it better!

A friend of mine said Pitchfork already had footage up...I was like, how can they, it hasn't started!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    man that was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    the entire new album along with 'my iron lung,' 'the bends,' and 'the national anthem'???????

FUCK!!!!!!

that was sweet.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Yes it was :) ... and pretty damn good quality for a webcast as well
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Yes it was :) ... and pretty damn good quality for a webcast as well

yeah i thought that... sound was brilliant!!

i loved the informality of it all.. great!