Kings Of Leon - Live!! on AOL Sessions

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited March 2007 in Other Music
http://music.aol.co.uk/sessions/kings-of-leon/article/20070305110109990001

cant watch this at work just yet, but i'm sure its fucking great!!!!!!!! :)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• "This clip is not available in your area yet" What the hell!?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    "This clip is not available in your area yet" What the hell!?

just change the date/time zone of your PC to GMT UK!!!

(double click the wee clock at bottom right of your screen and change it - this is redundant if you know how to do it ;) )
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hey dunkman!

I listened to a bit of Kings of Leon on your recommendation. I like 'em. It's funny; a while back, I heard one single and immediately dismissed them as Indie NME-arse-kissing copy cats. Turns out they were playing much more Southern, gritty, bluesy, cool rock music. It's not unheard of for me to make such mistakes. I wonder what others I'm making for the same reason.

Being a new listener, they seem to have taken a weird direction with the new album. It sounds, dare I say it, more 'grungey'?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    New songs sound good. They dont sound like anything new, but its hard to put your finger on what/who they do sound like.

Seeing them at the end of April, cant wait. :)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hey dunkman!

I listened to a bit of Kings of Leon on your recommendation. I like 'em.

to me they are my 2nd favourite band of all time after The Proclaimers ;)

i do rate them that high though... seen them twice and they dont come up to PJ standards but then not many do :)
  • ps use internet explorer it wont work with firefox, well it didnt for me anyway
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    dunkman wrote:
    http://music.aol.co.uk/sessions/kings-of-leon/article/20070305110109990001

cant watch this at work just yet, but i'm sure its fucking great!!!!!!!! :)
    I watched these a little while ago....watching them again because they sound terrific.

What a difference 2 years can make.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    awesome cheers for this... second fav band right now.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08