Kings Of Leon whole album on myspace

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited March 2007 in Other Music
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm gonna wait till Monday, my new years resolution was to hold back from listening to albums before they are released, last year I downloaded pretty much everything I wanted to hear apart from the Chilis album before release, and it kind of killed the buzz of them.
    I managed(somehow) to hold out on the Arcade Fire album till it was released and now I'm on a mission.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm gonna wait till Monday, my new years resolution was to hold back from listening to albums before they are released, last year I downloaded pretty much everything I wanted to hear apart from the Chilis album before release, and it kind of killed the buzz of them.
    I managed(somehow) to hold out on the Arcade Fire album till it was released and now I'm on a mission.:)

same as me... the only thing i've heard is the On Call single (although i picked Black Thumbnail as my myspace tune even though i have no sound on my PC here :D )

i did the same with Arcade Fire, only listening to the song that was on their homepage!!

looking forward to getting it on hi-fi cd this monday :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    dunkman wrote:
    Good to know. Thanks man.

For some reason I thought this came out yesterday....
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Thanks!! This was the first time i listened to it. I have to say that it's going to be in heavy rotation once i get a copy of it. Right now i think it's on par w/ their other two releases. I'm sure it'll get better after a few more listens though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    already got it but thanx for the heads up!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • B niceB nice Posts: 182
    one word...
    illegal download
    life has nothing to do with killing time
    Bring it on cause I'm no victim

b nice loves pearl jam like ed vedder loves america
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    B nice wrote:
    one word...
    illegal download

not.
    brain of c wrote:
    not.

"holier than thou"

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    B nice wrote:
    "holier than thou"

no.......the band is sharing their record for free.

not ill eagle.
    "True Love Way"

I want in, like a substitute
    I' ve been working awful hard for you
    But you dont say, you just hold your breath
    So I can't touch what I haven't yet
    She's a poor one and it hurts me so
    And it's a dark path and a heck of a cold
    And she can feel me like she did before

Oh we'd be so free
    Happy alone
    Sharing a smile
    So far from home

Push in and I pull it away
    It a hard part but the true love way
    Till you want it like I want it now
    With your smart mouth and your killer hands
    With a potion oh that I have made
    For a young man its a heck of a wage
    And i feel crazy when I see your face

Cuz we'd be so free
    Happy alone
    Sharing a smile
    So far from home
    And we would laugh
    Laugh till we cry
    Making a song
    Making me lie

And people say i'm crazy for walking this town
    And people say i'm bigger for walking this town
    And people say maybe that its coming around
    And people say i'm bigger for walking a...

And we'd be so free
    Happy alone
    Sharing a smile
    So far from home
    And we would laugh
    Laugh till we cry
    Making a song
    Making me lie
    Happy alone

• ive only heard Knocked up and On Call on Letterman, and thats all im listening too, im gonna wait till tuesday to hear the full album. and Knocked up and On Call are Fucking Amazing!!!!!!!!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    ive only heard Knocked up and On Call on Letterman, and thats all im listening too, im gonna wait till tuesday to hear the full album. and Knocked up and On Call are Fucking Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

prepare to be blown away
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    If they want to release their whole album of their own free will who am i to judge?

*goes to listen to it*

:D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    even though i started the thread i have still managed NOT to listen to it... i'm saving myself for Monday when i pick up the disc.!!

i dont know why i'm waiting but its torture!!
  • dunkman wrote:
    even though i started the thread i have still managed NOT to listen to it... i'm saving myself for Monday when i pick up the disc.!!

i dont know why i'm waiting but its torture!!

Wow, that's zen-like discipline man.

Not being a fan (I haven't heard enough of them), I felt it justified that I listen to this. I was pretty impressed.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    I like rock n roll again! I haven't heard anything this year I've liked until now. I can finally put down my motown records.