White Stripes released on June 18th/19th (cover art inside)

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited April 2007 in Other Music
The White Stripes will release their sixth album, 'Icky Thump', on XL Recordings in UK/Europe on June 18th and on Warner Brothers Records in North America, SE Asia and Japan on June 19th.

Jack and Meg have also confirmed they will be performing at Zenith in Paris, France on June 11th. For tickets, please visit Le-Zenith.com

http://www.whitestripes.com/IckyThump/cover_art/
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    The White Stripes will release their sixth album, 'Icky Thump', on XL Recordings in UK/Europe on June 18th and on Warner Brothers Records in North America, SE Asia and Japan on June 19th.

Jack and Meg have also confirmed they will be performing at Zenith in Paris, France on June 11th. For tickets, please visit Le-Zenith.com

Cool, love the White Stripes. Jack is a genius :cool:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Thank christ, they Racontuers nearly killed me!

New Stripes June, new Pumpkins July *woot*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the only thing wrong with that photo is that Meg needs a Pearl Knecklace... perhaps i could help her out with that :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I think Jack has gave her a few in the past. Lucky bitch :rolleyes:

BAAHAHAHAHA
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh yes. oh yes. woo woo. :D:D:D

icky thump? is that some kind of Art movement i'm unaware of.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Thank christ, they Racontuers nearly killed me!

New Stripes June, new Pumpkins July *woot*
    the raconteurs rocked

wtf are you talking about??!!!!!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • wow i like the white stripes... but havent got any of their al had no idea there coming up to the sixth i thought there was only 3 at max.. wow

i love the raconteurs tho caught there show last year was awesome :D
    oh yes. oh yes. woo woo. :D:D:D

icky thump? is that some kind of Art movement i'm unaware of.

its the northern english phrase "Ecky Thump" which Jack has changed around a bit!

look up Ecky thump on wikipedia for more exciting details! :)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    An Episode Kung Fu Kapers of the British comedy television series The Goodies which imagined a secret Lancashire martial art known as "Ecky-Thump", which mostly revolves around hitting unsuspecting people with black puddings. :D:D:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    An Episode Kung Fu Kapers of the British comedy television series The Goodies which imagined a secret Lancashire martial art known as "Ecky-Thump", which mostly revolves around hitting unsuspecting people with black puddings. :D:D:D

Don't forget that you also had to waear one of theose dicky cloth caps, remember bill Oddie wearing the huge one cos he was the Grand Master ??

Watched Under Blackpool Lights again tonight, just gets better everytime I see it, he is my favourite player right at he moment.
    Music is not a competetion.
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    the raconteurs rocked

wtf are you talking about??!!!!!

I thought they were pish, I'm glad we're getting new Stripes.
    So what the fuk you on about?? what about it?
    Watched Under Blackpool Lights again tonight, just gets better everytime I see it, he is my favourite player right at he moment.

me too... the guys fucking amazing too watch... he gets into it and does these wee jigs and stuff... i love watching that DVD... plus Meg has great jugs :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

what the feck is a black pudding? you english are so weird sometimes. :D

but then what do you expect from people who thought banishment to australia was a punishment. :p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I liked the Raconteurs but there's no replacing the White Stripes.

and that is a sweet mother fucking cover.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Great band...great cover...can't wait for June 19th.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I thought they were pish,
    we know all we need to know about you now....thanks!
    2600th post whohoo i get a free frosty! :-)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    dunkman wrote:

June 18th is also day of London Gig... Double sweetness :):)
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    we know all we need to know about you now....thanks!
    2600th post whohoo i get a free frosty! :-)

Who is "we" stupit?? Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Jackie.

Yeh heres your prize
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/811/youwintheprizenf4.jpg
    what the feck is a black pudding? you english are so weird sometimes. :D

Silly Aussies not knowing what Black Pudding is.;)
    Who is "we" stupit?? Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Jackie.

Yeh heres your prize
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/811/youwintheprizenf4.jpg

Is it wrong that I'm laughing a lot at this picture?:D
    explanation of Icky Thump on this thread :D:D
    Is it wrong that I'm laughing a lot at this picture?:D

no its hilarious.... why people ever join the scouts?... lets club them with guitars? :)
    i cant see any White Stripes UK dates on their website but i'm hoping they are announced soon :) doing some festivals and stuff which means some new footage to drool over.

p.s. The Whites also do a PJ with their live shows... authentic bootlegs!!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    They're only due to play the O2 wireless festivals in the UK at the moment. But since they're playing Le Zenith in Paris (and other dates elsewhere), there's hope for an Astoria/Brixton type date in London maybe?
    redrock wrote:
    They're only due to play the O2 wireless festivals in the UK at the moment. But since they're playing Le Zenith in Paris (and other dates elsewhere), there's hope for an Astoria/Brixton type date in London maybe?

aye i know... i'm on the mailing list baby!! ;)

no chance of an Astoria type show... they are doing Rollupyertroosers in June and then a US tour is being touted after that!

Sept/Oct for full uk tour.. and get this... its rumoured they'll be playing obscure Scottish places due to 1. Jack's ancestry and 2. bagpipes are on the new record :D
  • Is it wrong that I'm laughing a lot at this picture?:D
    no :)

It's fuckign hysterical for some reason..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Icky Thump singles for sale as early as 4/26/07
    Body: The White Stripes’ first single, ‘Icky Thump’, will be available exclusively online through the iTunes music stores (US and Canada only) starting at 12:01 am this Thursday, April 26th.

Third Man Records/XL Recordings will also be releasing CD and vinyl versions of the ‘Icky Thump’ single on June 11th in the UK. The formats and track listings are as follows:

White vinyl 7” (companion to the NME distributed record that will be given away with copies of the magazine on stands June 6th)
    A. Icky Thump
    B. Etching (no audio)

Standard 7”
    A. Icky Thump
    B. Baby Brother

CD single
    1. Icky Thump
    2. Catch Hell Blues

Check out the artwork at http://www.whitestripes.com

Pasted that from Myspace bulletin!!
    ooooooooooohh i got that too!!!!!

*giggles excitedly*
  • Tenacious BTenacious B Posts: 77
    I'm not necessarily an iTunes pusher, but they have a pre-order for $10.99 where you get 2 bonus tracks (including one live exclusive), 1 video (probably Icky Thump), and the digital booklet. Nice.