White Stripes to play Rivoli Ballroom in London

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited June 2007 in Other Music
The White Stripes will be playing a special show at London's Rivoli Ballroom on Tuesday, June 12th. Set in Crofton Park, The Rivoli Ballroom is one of London's last remaining ballrooms and with the original decor from the 1950's still intact, offers fans a way to see Jack and Meg perform in a more intimate and incredible setting.

Tickets will be available beginning Monday, June 11th at 10am for £29.50 each from http://www.LiveNation.co.uk and http://www.gigsandtours.com. Please note that due to the limited number available, tickets will be strictly capped at two per application. Doors for the event open at 7:30 pm but lucky applicants can present themselves at the venue from 5:30 pm with both their booking confirmation and photo ID to collect their wristband for admission.

Profits from the show will be donated to the Chelsea Pensioners' Appeal and chariti es supported by The London Pearly Kings and Queens Society.
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    shit i just noticed the date on that... buy tickets on the 11th June and gig on the 12th!!

well i couldnt go anyway :(

but holding on for the UK tour when its announced :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    oooOOOOooo Dunk.. thanks for posting... might try for that one! :D

EDIT: what a shit place to get to from where I live! Might give it a miss....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I would have .... but I'll be in Poland!!!

Red you could always join Buru and I for Modest Mouse, QOTSA and White Stripes next week ;):p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    I would have .... but I'll be in Poland!!!

Red you could always join Buru and I for Modest Mouse, QOTSA and White Stripes next week ;):p

I'm toying with the idea! Can't really afford tix (your fault.. you sent a link to a certain play..), so signing up for all kinds of competitions to get some free ones! Also, I guess I could leave it as a last minute decision and get tix at the door.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    Also, I guess I could leave it as a last minute decision and get tix at the door.

That's what I'm doing ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?