I just got tickets for Arcade Fire's mini October tour

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited June 2007 in Other Music
sweet!!!!

SECC tickets were hard to get i tell thee... ***phew***
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    as a fan that's good for you dunk. have fun. :)

but for me the only arcade fire song ive taken a shine to is one where they actually sound like modest mouse circa the lonesome crowded west imo. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Nice one Dunk.

I've sort of come to terms with the idea I'll never see them live, they're just one of those bands... then again I thought that about Pearl Jam until last year, so.... :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

but for me the only arcade fire song ive taken a shine to is one where they actually sound like modest mouse circa the lonesome crowded west imo. :)
    hmm which one sounds like that?

by the way dunk have you seen them before? I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice and they really come alive in concert.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    intodeep wrote:

by the way dunk have you seen them before? I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice and they really come alive in concert.

no, i havent seen them but have heard, read so much about how they are fantastic live!!!

Harmless - you should think about going.. as far as i know there are still tix available to London and stuff!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426

yeah, i heard their first album and although some of the music may be moving, the guy that does most of the vocals is just terrible. I really don't see what seperates them from every other band out there in the indie scene.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    intodeep wrote:

She speaks of Power Out.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    She speaks of Power Out.

never made that connection. I'll have to listen to it again and see if i catch it. I love Lonesom Crowded West. It is my fav mouse album and one of my fav 90's album.

Power out is one of my favorite arcade fire songs too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    you're lucky! I saw them in Portland in May, and I have NEVER seen a crowd that into a band and into the moment, EVER! It was incredible.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    She speaks of Power Out.

that she does. :)

intodeep wrote:
    never made that connection. I'll have to listen to it again and see if i catch it. I love Lonesom Crowded West. It is my fav mouse album and one of my fav 90's album.

im not a huge modest mouse fan either, but when someone sent me power out on a comp, they were the first thing that came to mind cause lonesome crowded west is one of my fave records. all the other arcade fire ive ever heard is something i can do without. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say