Chris Cornell is embarrassed by all the threads on here

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited July 2007 in Other Music
he phoned me about doing the theme tune to a new film called "Dunkman Tours The South" and said that he finds his fan(atics) starting all these threads on here really embarrassing and the only thing more embarrassing is Pearl Jam's early 90's stage histrionics.

He also said that he has a fucking forum of his own but no bastard ever uses it...
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    dunkman wrote:
    he phoned me about doing the theme tune to a new film called "Dunkman Tours The South" and said that he finds his fan(atics) starting all these threads on here really embarrassing and the only thing more embarrassing is Pearl Jam's early 90's stage histrionics.

He also said that he has a fucking forum of his own but no bastard ever uses it...

Lol, Chris Cornell has a forum?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:

Yeah, so you start another thread about him :confused:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Lol, Chris Cornell has a forum?

fucked if i know... he's bound to have some retar... eh fan who has started one... surely to fucking christ he has!!?!?!?!

if not then he should get one and reduce the surplus population
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    You know Dunk I was looking forward to Chris' album this year I really was then there has been thread after thread about the guy and it killed the excitement I had for it.
    To this day I have neither downloaded or bought the album or listened to it in anyway.
    Crazy the negative affect of over advertising has on me, just like last weeks local election to see who would take over Blair's constituancy, they put so much junk through my door that none of the fuckers got my vote.
    Yeah, so you start another thread about him :confused:

i actually expected this to be the first reply, but 2nd is still pretty predictable ;)

yeah i did... but not as a fan, just relaying info he gave me whilst discussing theme tunes... he's not doing it by the way, i want him to be the tea-boy on set, but he's friends with some famous singers and stuff... figured i'd use him as a conduit to the more talented
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    He phoned me to say he secretly likes them, and offered me money to start some more.
    You know Dunk I was looking forward to Chris' album this year I really was then there has been thread after thread about the guy and it killed the excitement I had for it.
    To this day I have neither downloaded or bought the album or listened to it in anyway.
    Crazy the negative affect of over advertising has on me, just like last weeks local election to see who would take over Blair's constituancy, they put so much junk through my door that none of the fuckers got my vote.

thats my feeling exactly... i personally dont mind the guy, Cornell, but the overload of adoration on here just makes me back away. I've been sent some live stuff of his and i enjoyed it but he's not the saviour of music, far from it
    He phoned me to say he secretly likes them, and offered me money to start some more.

i very much doubt that... he's never felt the need to lie to me before so why start now.

plus he never phones his fans incase he hears them wanking to the sound of his voice
    dunkman wrote:
    thats my feeling exactly... i personally dont mind the guy, Cornell, but the overload of adoration on here just makes me back away. I've been sent some live stuff of his and i enjoyed it but he's not the saviour of music, far from it

A good job there has been plenty of other good albums come out to tide me over, when all the fuss dies down I'll probs pick a second hand copy up for a fiver then post 50 threads about it.:)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    I've been sent some live stuff of his and i enjoyed it but he's not the saviour of music, far from it

Is that an invitation to send you more :p

Well looking at the Cornell threads on the first page seems more than half of them are from non fans ...

I tend not to get sick of the Cornell threads as I don't look at ones asking if anyone is attending a particular gig if I'm not going etc ... and stay out of the ones that turn into arguments between fans and haters ... which leaves about three threads ever I've posted in :cool:

I also find the obvious street team stuff annoying :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i started a chris cornell orgy.

please excuse me while i go search for a gun to blow my head off with

fucking idiot
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    dunkman wrote:
    plus he never phones his fans incase he hears them wanking to the sound of his voice

He told me he liked it! He made me growl like a dragon and everything!

dragons can growl?

pervert ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    dragons can growl?

pervert ;)

Yes they can! And you're right, he is a pervert, what was I thinking.....

*goes off to create "The official Chris Cornell is a pervert thread"*
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dunkman wrote:

If you need a "Southern" expert for your film........I'm your man!! :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

When I talked to him it was two dragons!
    NERDS!
    When I talked to him it was two dragons!

Doesn't surprise me, that guy is freaky!